No announcement yet.

Music Man John Petrucci.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, probably around 2004-05. I love the JP6, I can't stop playing it. I like it better than my DK1.
    2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
    2011 GMW tele project
    2010 GMW strat project
    2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
    2006 Peavey HP Special black
    2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
    2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
    1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
    1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
    Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

It's hard to beat a JP6 IMO. I really love my USA Charvels and Jacksons but if I could only have one guitar it'd be my first JP6. It's the most versitile guitar on the planet! One of mine has the piezo and it sounds better than my acoustic. I recommend these guitars to anyone that plays any style.

Love that color of blue as well!

Comment

Thanks, dude. Mine is obviously old school JP6 but I love both pups, especially the neck.
        2011 GMW tele project
        2010 GMW strat project

Bugera 333Xl
        Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Both of mine are the older models as well. I prefer the older pickups to the newer ones. A buddy of mine had a newer model and we played them back to back. The pickups that are in the newer models are a little bright sounding for my tastes. Here's a few pics of mine. One of them is an original run Blue Dawn and the other is Carbon Blue Pearl with the piezo. I took these pics not long after I got them I've had them for about 7 years or more now and the necks have darkend up nicely on the back. The more you play them then the more they darken and the more birds eye pops out at you!

Comment

Mine is older model with piezo pickup but in Mystic Dream color. Seems well made and mine has the older pickup in it. I never played the newer D-Sonic equipped model so I can't comment on that. The neck feels completely different than Jackson/Charvel but still very comfortable. The thing I found strange is that when Petrucci left Ibanez for EB, I would have that the neck would be similar on both if thats what he preffered. I was surprised to see they are nothing alike. I also have the Petrucci signature Ibanez the EBMM is a better built guitar without a doubt. If you like the thin Ibanez necks however you may prefer the Ibanez model. Oh yeah, the piezo is really nice in the EBMM too
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I find the neck very similar to the Wolfgang guitars. I do love the JP6 though. It has exceeded my expectations.
              2011 GMW tele project
              2010 GMW strat project

Bugera 333Xl
              Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

I'll have to take some shots of my EBMM JP6 in Mystic Dream but in the meantime here are a couple of my Ibanez Petrucci P1. Supposedly only a few had the multi color pickups, the rest were black. P2, P3, and P4's were more common than P1's. They also made an Ibanez Petrucci 90th anniversary. Anyway, here is mine:

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

The JP's have come a long way since the first year they were introduced. I ordered one as soon as I heard they were being released and it went back(as did its replacement) - I couldn't keep the things in tune. I ended up waiting a few years, tried again, and was blown away. Great playing, and sounding, guitars with an incredible neck profile.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                  X