Gibson rr les paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    Nope. You're not. Considering that Randy's Les Paul was a factory stock guitar as far as anyone knows, this is a new low for Gibson.

Hey, Jimi Hendrix once played a Flying V. I can't wait to see what they charge for that reproduction.
    The Jimi Hendrix V was already done and cost an assload. Gibson's losing credibility.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

i would like to know how much these guitars actually cost before gibson puts their little sticker on it

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
        i would like to know how much these guitars actually cost before gibson puts their little sticker on it
        Here's my guess:

All of the wood: $20.00
        Pickups: $5.00 for both neck and bridge (Gibson winds their own and magnets are just about free)
        Fretboard: $10.00
        Tuners: $5.00
        Binding: $1.00
        Electronics: $5.00
        Bodies are CNC cut, Top carve is made on a huge ganged carver that cuts about 20 tops at a time, necks are CNC craved and sanded. Most of the employees actually building the bulk of these guitars make about $13.00 an hour.
        I would say Gibson has about $100.00 worth of materials into the guitar and probably another $150.00 of employee labor. The other $6750 is for lawyers, taxes, marketing, and employee benefits (oh...and there's probably some profit in there as well).

Just my guess

Comment

serius thas worse than what i thought this takes the piss

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            As if that isn't bad enough... Jackson's new Rhoads take on this model is about the same price. http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...%20runcampaign
            Fender ran out of pin striping, so it became a "Limited Limited" model...
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
              The Jimi Hendrix V was already done and cost an assload. Gibson's losing credibility.
              Thanks. I didn't know that. So about how much did they charge and what time frame was this?
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I've seen a picture of Steve Vai holding a Les Paul. How much time until they make a signature model and ask an average house mortgage for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  Too much money.
                  It's a Gibson, this is a given.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X