Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else owns the Floyded Fender Strat from the early '90s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else owns the Floyded Fender Strat from the early '90s?

With the DiMarzio 'bucker?
    I love this guitar.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

I had a Floyded strat from the early 90's.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I had one that was factory relic'd. Looked like shit, sounded like shit, played like shit. I sold it ASAP.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Are you talkign about the HM Strats? If not could you show me which you're talking about?

Comment

I've had a few but never had liked a 10 degree radius bridge on a 9.5 neck.Both E strings were always too high.Sold them as quick as I got em'.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
            With the DiMarzio 'bucker?
            I love this guitar.
            What guitar?

Is it painted solid black?

I don't see anything.

Comment

I have this one. Its a MIJ/MIM mutt and its not from the 90's, but it has a Dimarzio 'bucker!

Blank yo!

Comment

The 80/90's HM's had DiMarzio super 2's and 3's which are great pick ups.HM strats are very cool.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  The 80/90's HM's had DiMarzio super 2's and 3's which are great pick ups.HM strats are very cool.
                  I always loved them, then when I finally tried one I hated it! The neck didn't feel right, and it felt very very... Wide.

Comment

I feel you. I've never been impressed with the HM strats. The one's I've played have felt... underwhelming. Also - I don't dig the wonky scale and the 24 frets.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

I baulked at buying one years ago because of the fotoflame top. Wish I had just grabbed it. It played great. And it was cool.

As for HM Strats, the idea always seemed cooler than the execution to me. Plus I hated that Kahler.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Screw you guys

More Heavy Metal Strats for me

Comment

I can't stand Strat necks. Stupid straight radius and the action is always so friggin' high.

I had an HM Strat, though, that was a good-playing guitar. IIRC that is where Fender's contoured heel started (with the rounded off corner) which I think is one of the better designs for one.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                            I can't stand Strat necks. Stupid straight radius and the action is always so friggin' high.
                            If the Action is high, why not just lower it? I don't understand, it's just a setup issue.
                            Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                            I had an HM Strat, though, that was a good-playing guitar. IIRC that is where Fender's contoured heel started (with the rounded off corner) which I think is one of the better designs for one.
                            Yes, it came with a thin neck, jumbo frets and a nice flat 17" radius. People might not like the Kahler Spyders, but they are made of steel (no Callaham upgrades needed) and if your knife edges dull, you just need to replace the knife edge studs. Works for me. I have very low action on both of my HM Strats and find the tone to be AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              If the Action is high, why not just lower it?
                              Because the strings choke out on bends then. I'm talking about a regular 9.5 radius Strat, not the HM Strat.

Comment

Working...
                              X