NGD Vandenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Vandenberg

Hey Dudes. I bought myself a little xmas gift. I found this at a little local guitar shop and I was quite enthralled when I first spotted it. The price it was listed at made it really hard to pass up. I picked it up for about half of the price of the ones you find on fee-bay (case and whammy bar were included). I wouldn't go as far to call these rare, but they are definitely few and far between. I'm convinced that it's the best guitar peavey has ever produced. It's an 88 model and is one of the sweetest pieces of wood i've ever owned. It's a sweet f'ing player holy hell. The bridge PU is one of the most unique stock pickups ive ever heard. I don't care much for the single at the neck. It's got some dings and bruises but it's in, overall, good condition for being 23 yrs old. As for the kahler spyder 2700 trem, it's every bit as good as a original floyd IMO, but definitely a different feel. It holds up way better than I imagined. Sorry I didn't polish and clean her up and the picture quality sucks, but I was just too excited that I couldn't wait. On with the pics!

Nice man that body shape is pretty cool.

Comment

I like it. Not a fan of those Kahler's though...

Comment

Those are great guitars what's the serial number?There were early runs that are worth a bit more.2700's are great trems IMO.
        I've had 4 of those and loved them all, the necks kill.Good score!!
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The 2710 is the Spyder.

You don't have the Spyder. You have the Killer.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
            I like it. Not a fan of those Kahler's though...
            Those Kahlers are a huge hunk of steel. You get massive tone and sustain that only a bigblock floyd can sort of come close to.

Comment

Still a sexy guitar to see this day
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

very nice. i wanted one when they were new. i was pretty young and they were WAY too expensive in my parents' eyes...

congrats!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've wanted one of those for some time now. Great materials and hardware including the Kahler. Love those trems. Nice score.

Comment

SWEET!!!

I passed up a neck thru Vandy for $175 once.

I must have had temporary retardation.

The necks are awesome on those things.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Those are great guitars what's the serial number?There were early runs that are worth a bit more.2700's are great trems IMO.
                      I've had 4 of those and loved them all, the necks kill.Good score!!
                      # 1459

Comment

Does it have the scalloped headstock kind of hard to see in the pics.
                        1459 IIRC is a second run I think the first run was 800.
                        I had number 000008, #27 and #141
                        The only drawbacks to these was Peavey didn't dry their wood long enough and the neck pockets shrank with age and the pockets now seem too big for the necks.Its a visual thing they still play great.
                        Last edited by straycat; 01-06-2011, 03:25 AM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They are great guitars. I have restored about 3 or 4 of them here in the shop for guys.
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I owned several Vandy's throughout the years. Great players. The only weak spot is the Kahler. It just doesn't stay in tune very well. Great neck on that guitar.
                            IMHO, the best guitars Peavey ever made were the Wolfgangs.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              The only weak spot is the Kahler. It just doesn't stay in tune very well.
                              Back before I could afford a George Lynch bengal, I made my own It was built using Aria Pro II stuff. I routed, filled, routed, etc. Painted it maybe 4 times before I got it right. I have a Kahler Killer in the bridge an no locking nut or tuners, just a graphite nut. Never had tuning issues. Still plays great.

Comment

Working...
                              X