NGD Vandenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I owned several Vandy's throughout the years. Great players. The only weak spot is the Kahler. It just doesn't stay in tune very well. Great neck on that guitar.
    IMHO, the best guitars Peavey ever made were the Wolfgangs.
    Yeah, but the Wolfgang is ugly, these Vandys are the best looking guitar that Peavey ever made
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I never had any kind of love for the Wolfgangs. Admittedly, I've never played one, but I am not a fan of how they look, and I generally dislike bolt-ons. If we're talking about the best guitars Peavey ever made, then the original Odyssey should be up there too. My other guitar player has two of them, and I just picked one up. Amazing guitars.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah, I was commenting strictly on the looks. The Wolfgang, as well as all the various EVH guitars like it such as EBMM and Fender, are plain ugly. I understand the EBMM ones especially are nice players but the looks alone would keep me from buying any of them. The Vandy looks like it belongs on stage, the Wolfgang looks like it belongs hidden in a closet somewhere
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

The Destinys were very nice looking too, especially the Destiny Custom.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I owned a reverse puzzle (white with black puzzle outline) and a quilt top.. Both were neckthroughs. Both were incredible players! Interestingly enough, I have never owned a bolt neck Vandy..
            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Back before I could afford a George Lynch bengal, I made my own It was built using Aria Pro II stuff. I routed, filled, routed, etc. Painted it maybe 4 times before I got it right. I have a Kahler Killer in the bridge an no locking nut or tuners, just a graphite nut. Never had tuning issues. Still plays great.

Hilarious.... this needs its own thread. I did a sunburst Tiger with a front-loaded Bently Series 10. I still have the pickguard. Maybe I can get a pic posted up. I was going great until I shot the purple. Paint crazed...LOL.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by sixstringfever
                Cool.
                whats the neck like on that beast? thin? C shape...wide... I been lookin'...pink one's on flea bay go way up...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                the very thin and very narrow. if you ever see one of those necks broken at the headstock you'll see that the wood is almost as thin as an eggshell at that point. They took all the wood off that they could while still keeping the trussrod inside the neck.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                X