Carvin custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin custom shop

how much does it usually cost is it worth the money i was thinking about getting one.
    do they do custom designs?
    what selection do you have of
    trem's
    pickups
    necks
    body's
    I dont really know anything about custom shop's im only 15 so help me out

youtube.com/cheese0tron

awsome vids of me playing guitar

You can build one out on their site for pricing. I do not believe they do custom shapes. They have a pretty nice list of options in regards to parts, necks, finishes, etc.
    The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Comment

I just ordered a custom Carvin 7-string yesterday. Cost me $1559. Though, I did pay $150 extra for it to be modified from standard electronics.

Maple body (rounded body sides) with five-piece mahogany neck (two maple stripes).
      Vintage yellow with clear gloss on body, headstock also painted to match body, tung oiled back of neck.
      Option 50: Only one humbucker (black/cream coils) with one volume knob. Push/pull volume pot for coil split.
      Fixed bridge, string saver saddles, black hardware.
      Dunlop straplocks.
      Stainless steel medium jumbo frets.
      Ebony fingerboard, MOP diamond inlays.
      Black drop shadow logo.
      HC11 case.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow that is really affordable Joe! I've never played a Carvin guitar but I bet they play great.

Comment

Youll be lucky to get 30% of your money back if u try to sell it too
          This space for rent

Comment

Do Carvins have low resale value?
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Resale value has come up lately, it's not as bad as it used to be at all.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                Wow that is really affordable Joe! I've never played a Carvin guitar but I bet they play great.
                They are nice and very affordable because everything is direct from them. There's certain things you can't get done but they've got a ton of options to choose from at a great price, definitely a great bang for the buck! I also have an SC90 and their V3 amp head. I used to own a DC400 and a DC120 12-string.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                  Resale value has come up lately, it's not as bad as it used to be at all.
                  I've noticed that, too. Seems Carvin, like Hamer, used to go for crap on the used market, but not as bad any more.

Comment

If you are buying a guitar based on its resale value you are buying the wrong guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      If you are buying a guitar based on its resale value you are buying the wrong guitar.
                      To me the resale price is very important. I don't want to pay $2k for a $1k guitar.
                      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                        To me the resale price is very important. I don't want to pay $2k for a $1k guitar.
                        I think the point was, if you are thinking about selling the guitar before you have even bought it, then perhaps its not the guitar you really want

Comment

do they do custom design's though?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I just ordered a custom Carvin 7-string yesterday.
                            Awesome! I know that was a long time coming. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by cheese0tron View Post
                              do they do custom design's though?
                              Probably not what you are thinking. It's kind of like Burger King. You can order it any way you want as long as you pick from the available options. Just like you can't ask for a fried egg on your Whopper, you can't ask Carvin for different body shapes or custom graphics.

But, they build to order in a short amount of time for a great price, which is hard to beat if you can find a combination of their options that work for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X