G&L tribute rampage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L tribute rampage

so, i am looking for a new drop D guitar and the jerry cantrell model caught my eye. it has many of the features i like in a drop D guitar - maple body, wide fretboard, single pickup/knob. i was wondering if anybody has played one. i am interested in how fat the neck is. i like a baseball bat for drop D....

any comparisons you can give me on thickness would be awesome.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I played one of the tributes. It had a thick neck but it wasn't a baseball bat like a ridiculous les Paul or no-caster. Felt good. Great playing guitar. I quite liked it though the cheap-o Kahler felt like it.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Hey Mark I think there is one at the Nashville GC that I was looking at. If I remember correctly it had an ebony fretboard and was white? I'll be in Nashville again next week and can give you a report then.

Comment

thanks guys! don, that would be great as that is the one i am thinking of buying.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I'll be able to give you a report next Monday night.

Comment

super cool!!! thanks again!!
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Always loved the look of them. Chris Olson owns a couple of those. Pics are gone, though. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...hlight=rampage
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice guitars IMO
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Always loved the look of them. Chris Olson owns a couple of those. Pics are gone, though. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...hlight=rampage
                  Yep.

Great guitars. Necks were way too good for the price point. I ended up selling when I was hunting down Charvel WDM's and my AxeFx.

Comment

i sold my custom shop charvel dinky to buy an engagement ring and it was my main drop D guitar. it has the same neck thickness of a PC1. how does the rampage neck compare to that? i would be surprised if it was close, but if it was that would be killer!!!!
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                      Yep.

Great guitars. Necks were way too good for the price point. I ended up selling when I was hunting down Charvel WDM's and my AxeFx.
                      Ah, didn't know you sold them. I never really cared for Kahlers, but I do like the maple bodies and 1 hum/1vol setup.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Rampage neck shape is more like an old-school Charvel neck. It's not pointy shredder thin but it's not thick by most standards - certainly nowhere in the ballpark of a PC1. They are very nice guitars but if the neck thickness needs to be in that range then I would look elsewhere.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

ok, thanks. that answers the question.
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Mark,

Sorry dude but the G&L was gone. I asked Chuck (the guy I deal with) and he said it was gone. Did you get it online?

Comment

no, don i didn't. thanks again for going to check up on it!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X