Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite non-Jackson guitar for recording metal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually did a bit with my shell pink tele last weekend.The Fralin pick ups are nice and beefy when running both and the tone about half way,Mids on the amp set at 5.Very thick and luscious.
    Did rhythm tracks first and filled in some lead on the bridge pick up and was very happy with the tone.
    The guy that was doing the mixing said he never heard a tele that had that thick a sound.
    Last edited by straycat; 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Any guitar really. People say you can't get a good metal tone from a Strat, but I can. It all depends on your effects (providing you use any). I use a lot.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Mostly amp IMO not so much which guitar you use.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i had an old hamer Scepter V, all mahogany, ebony board, floyd, had the best rhythm tone, thick, chunky, nice lows & low mids, but still defined and articulate. one of the few guitars i wish i didnt sell.

Comment

My 1989 Steinberger GL2S.

Comment

Not anymore, but used to play with an older Hamer.
              Back when they used to make pointies.

Which, they are doing again I might add.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                Not anymore, but used to play with an older Hamer.
                Back when they used to make pointies.

Which, they are doing again I might add.
                are they making USA SCEPTERS again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....i always wanted one & they are very hard to find.

Comment

My understanding based on the Hamer Blog is that they will make whatever you want now.

http://hamerworkshop.wordpress.com/
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Holy crap... I have wanted a Hamer Standard for I don't know how long...

Comment

HOLY.... that FB is perfect....me want one.

Comment

I was shocked at how good my Suhr records. Its a chambered body (Alder) standard with medium output pups (DSH, V60, V60) but it records so well it beggars belief. It's actually saved me money because I was going to buy more recording gear but the guitar sounds so good I think I'll stick.

My other go to recording guitars are an Ibanez J Custom and Jackson Soloist custom.
                        But my god, that Suhr takes some beating.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I use an 80's Yamaha RGX 612A,super strat much like the charvel Model 6. I had a 58 Gibson Explorer that was just TiTs to record with. Now I use my Sully #3 RC Firebird
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                          X