No announcement yet.

join me in my hatred for dean guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• join me in my hatred for dean guitars?

who here hates dean guitars? i do. i try to find some way to like them, but i just can't. i find their business tactics to be unethical - for instance: the endless "dime" products, and the john entwhistle bass, etc. their guitars are ugly. i am not talking about their "original" designs from the late 70's, but their "modern" guitars. ugh. dean guitars just makes my skin crawl....

anybody feel the same?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

So Jackson doing the Rhoads doesn't count? How about "Big Red" & Robbin Crosby? I don't find anything unethical about selling them, and I'm sure Dime's family sees proceeds. There are plenty dead rock stars out there.

Some guys like them, and some don't. Who cares? Are you bored? Does it really matter that much? I find threads like this really odd. It's kinda clique-ish...

Comment

to me what Jackson does is a bit different to dean, the Rhoads was designed by Randy and in respect to him it was named after him, the big red guitars were a tribute request from RKC Fans here from what i understand.

Dean have 30+ Dimebag guitars, which doesent seem to be a tribute as such

I too really dont like the guitars offered by Dean at the moment, ive always wanted an ML because of Dimebag, but if i were to get one it would be an older one, the new ones seem tacky to me

My .02

Comment

I used to work for Dean, and I FUCKING HATE them and anything to do with them except the friends I made while working there. The owner is a solid douche bag poser and his little minions that follow him around with their noses up his ass are just as fucking pathetic. As far as the guitars go, V's and Caddies are about all I like. Everything else, made in China garbage. Their motto is "Throw it at the wall and see what sticks" "it" being shit. My friend Dan Russell is an awesome guitar builder and the USA's are top notch in quality, but the bulk of their sales are the Chinese shit. They rode the Dime thing into the ground, sickening in my opinion. Now that that has all but came to a screeching halt, I can't see how they can remain in business for much longer without seriously downsizing.

My .02

Comment

I can't say I hate them. I like my Mustaine V I bought 3 years ago, but I don't play it much... I prefer the offset Rhoads V compared to a regular V. When one of the volume pots went on it, Dean's customer service was great and they sent me a check to cover my expenses for having a local shop replace it, and they even sent me a free T-shirt.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I can't say I hate them. I like my Mustaine V I bought 3 years ago, but I don't play it much... I prefer the offset Rhoads V compared to a regular V. When one of the volume pots went on it, Dean's customer service was great and they sent me a check to cover my expenses for having a local shop replace it, and they even sent me a free T-shirt.
            Yeah Joe, the Korean made guitars like your Mustaine are the exception, those were consistently on the high quality side. Plus I was there when the Mustaine was so-called designed. They took one of Dave's Jackson's and literally traced out the body and added the little indents on the bevels and called it a day. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't care much for the people in charge, the "image" they're going for and their quest to flood the market with junk.

Comment

Dean left the company. He started DBZ guitars
              This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                Dean left the company. He started DBZ guitars
                @me? Yeah I know that. I was there through all that. I speak of Elliott Rubinson, he has owned Dean for some time now, Dean Z was only there as a promotion tool.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Some guys like them, and some don't. Who cares? Are you bored? Does it really matter that much? I find threads like this really odd. It's kinda clique-ish...
                  am i bored? yes. who cares? clearly not you. does it matter? nah, probably not, but i am still curious. clique-ish, maybe except i am not a big jackson fanboy either.

just stimulating conversation. plon gets what i am saying...
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I cant get into that goofy headstock Dean uses. Fugly.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I don't hate any guitar company that I can think of. I have played awesome playing Deans and crappy ones. Same goes for Ibanez, Fender, Gibson and even Jackson. I can hate a particular model because it is fugly, but I think I can do that with any guitar brand as well. Although I do think they milked the Dimebag thing for all it's worth but hey, it's marketing. Jackson does it with the Rhoads, Gibson does it with the Les Paul and so on and so forth. Some might be more blatant than others then others, but in the end it is all just marketing and the way a particular company chooses to go about it.
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I hate the way my 81 Dean sounds and plays so good!

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

I don`t hate them ... I just don`t like them. I`m sure some of em play great but It`s the headstocks that really put me off!
                          www.vendetta-theband.com
                          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Don't hate them, but no inclination whatsoever to ever grab one off the wall and try it out.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

I like the old ones just fine.I have a Korean exotic 08 ML79 and its a great guitar just don't play it much.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X