No announcement yet.

NGD.....F*&^(N UPS and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but too many threads about the dangers of UPS...don't know why you guys keep using em
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Sorry, but too many threads about the dangers of UPS...don't know why you guys keep using em
      Who the fuck is this you guys shit. You really gotta be fuckin kidding me with this post man. I didnt pack OR SEND the fuckin thing. And its not UPS on this one its really the store there was no padding and there was a shitload of slop in the case.

Im glad youve been here since the beginning of time and can fuckin act like the overlord know it all ass clown. Sometimes your even funny, in this instance not so much.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

OK Chris, YOU didn't send it (sorry, didn't read carefully), can't you ask for a different shipper?

Anyone who I do business with knows I do not use UPS and I do request / social engineer any other shipper but the dreaded UPS. Course, I don't flip, er buy as many guitars as you do

BTW that's MISTER Overlord Know it all Ass Clown, to you

Comment

that sucks man, but it definately looks repairable to me, good luck!
            Last edited by ralph; 03-08-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I'm kind of at a loss to see how this has happened. I mean, snap where it did.
              But I hope you get a flawless repair job or that's a real shame.
              There's a special place in hell for people who pack guitars in a sloppy fashion.
              They'll have to pack guitars properly for all eternity whilst being buggered by thorn cocked demons.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                I'm kind of at a loss to see how this has happened. I mean, snap where it did.
                My guess is that UPS dropped the package guitar headstock first. The entire weight of the guitar dropped right on the headstock which smashed into the hardcase. It would have had to have been a hell of a drop, like several feet.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  My guess is that UPS dropped the package guitar headstock first. The entire weight of the guitar dropped right on the headstock which smashed into the hardcase. It would have had to have been a hell of a drop, like several feet.
                  Like from a cargo jet to the tarmac?
                  UPS should be flipping the bill for the repair on this! Just sucks that it has to happen to a nice guitar, aspecially one you've spent ten plus years trying to hunt down.
                  Had the samething happen to me but with a Marshall cab, it was converted from a 4x12 into a 2x12 while being shipped from Marshall in England to here in Canada.
                  You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Holy shit!! That suxs big time but Sully can fix it.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

id glue it, maybe install a small dowel pin or two

Comment

Man that sucks. I wish you all the best with it's repair.

On a different note, is there a thread/sticky on properly packing/shipping guitars. If not, someone should start. In the past I pack them as usual and pray for the shipping gods to make sure it arrives to it's destination safely.

Comment

It's right by the thread discussing proper use of it's & its

Comment

not that it will make you feel much better, but i had a kramer and an esp that had the exact same break in the headstock. both were repaired and i never had an issue ever again. the biggest "problem" was that you could see the crack in the face of the headstock.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I also think with a quality, anal repairman you will be all good. That is a crazy, wicked, wicked guitar. Deep breath, get it fixed, and report back on how that thing lights the room on fire. I had a really bad guitar shipping expierience once that I dont even want to talk much about, other than a well known major guitar shop lied to me on their packing and shipping procedure and a guitar of a lifetime got beat to shit for no reason. I hope it all works out.

Comment

Sad to see this kind of thing happen; especially with a case like that. It's so form fit that I'm shocked that the guitar could move inside the case. As much as I really appreciate the props for me in this thread, Mike Learn is the guy for this one. While I could fix the break, Mike could fix the graphic as well.

Sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X