No announcement yet.

NGD.....F*&^(N UPS and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they were unwilling to work with me at all on it and with what I had into it I couldnt put into the repair what it would have cost me. Unfortunately she went back to the store and I am awaiting an offer price once they receive it back. I assume its a gone deal but for what I paid and what the repair would cost I can get something similar built. I didnt need to spend the money right now anyway.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      It's right by the thread discussing proper use of it's & its
      "It is" would be the most appropriate way to put it, but as ass clowns go, you do pretty good. As a flipper, myself, it is hard for me to imagine the kind of damage seen in these pics. Especially one that was in a case and in a box. I here of these horror stories, but I have only received one guitar that was damaged. Yes, UPS was the carrier, but there were no signs of impact on the box itself. It is, indeed, a tragedy to see such damage done to such a fine instrument. To the ASS CLOWN: I have a portmanteau for you; WeightWatchers!
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        "It is" would be the most appropriate way to put it, but as ass clowns go, you do pretty good. As a flipper, myself, it is hard for me to imagine the kind of damage seen in these pics. Especially one that was in a case and in a box. I here of these horror stories, but I have only received one guitar that was damaged. Yes, UPS was the carrier, but there were no signs of impact on the box itself. It is, indeed, a tragedy to see such damage done to such a fine instrument. To the ASS CLOWN: I have a portmanteau for you; WeightWatchers!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wow, so much hostility over having spelling and grammar corrected. I think people need to realize that he's trying to help you improve yourself, not be an asshole.

And pulling the fat card is kinda lame, he's actively working on that and then you'll have to resort to stuff like "big nose" or "bad goatee".

Kind of bums me out to see a guy get attacked when he's one of the guys that is always first to jump in and offer to genuinely help people that are in a real life jam.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I enjoy "Ron" and it was meant as a joke!! notice hear is spelled here, so that he could jump in on me with both feet
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Man now we are worried about feelings around here?Shit a year ago you couldn't make a mistake without starting a shit storm, We getting all oprah on here or what lol I don't write spell or anything else worth a shit and don't give a fuck bash me...Its all in fun

Comment

it could have been worse. from the pictures it looks like a pretty straight forward repair. if i were doing it i would prob just glue and clamp it. but depending on severity you may need a dowl in there.
                http://www.youtube.com/dvschsa

sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'm just sensitive because I'm a fatty, but it just seemed kind of personal there.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'd give it a go for the fix. The back side would be real decent, if I got most of the broken chunks. That crazy graphic shit, I'd send out some evil vibes on the winds to my favorite guitar graphic voodoo mentor as I would not be able to approach or do the face justice.

Comment

I'm not phased by the grammatical correction. BTW, thanks Ron. I type faster than I think.

I still think there should be a sticky for properly packing/shipping a guitar. Ron, you want to start it?

Comment

But who'd read it? I wrote an Ebay article about IDing Jacksons for sellers and buyers. Very few sellers and buyers have read it, as there's still a ton of morons posting incorrect info on Ebay listings.

As for UPS - F'edEx is not all that better. I've sent guitars around the world with UPS (a Pedulla Pentabuzz to Japan, an Roswell Pro to Australia, a KV-2 and WR-1 recently went to Germany) with no problems reported. I got a Custom Shop Archtop Soloist from California through F'edEx and they dropped it on the head, splitting the nose. I also got a Warrior Pro with a split headstock, though I can't recall who it was shipped through. In that case it was more an issue with those old open-frame cases that offered zero support and no room for decent protective padding. Then there was the San Dimas Soloist I got from Chuckracer (who is/was well known for knowing how to pack a guitar correctly) where the headstock snapped off at the locking nut bolts through F'edEx.

There's no "safe" shipper. There's no 100% guaranteed packing method. Best one I've seen so far was from YetAnotherOne - he took the time to have a local place build a box to ship the guitar that also included custom-cut foam rubber padding all the way around the case in the box. Took longer to unpack it than it did to get it here. I hated sending it back to him when I sold it because it took longer to pack it than to ship it

But that was one guy going above and beyond, and quite frankly very few people have the time to do that. My local F'edEx outlet is about 50 miles away. The UPS Store is 10. I don't have the Life of Riley to sit around waiting for DHL to drive from Memphis and maybe get to me today. I ship UPS or USPS because it's convenient for me and fits my limited schedule.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"I got a Custom Shop Archtop Soloist from California through F'edEx and they dropped it on the head, splitting the nose."

I think I'm going to vomit...
                          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Newc's post made me sick to my stomach. I can't believe that UPS and FedEx, etc. can get away with that shit.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I ship UPS... because it's convenient for me and fits my limited schedule.
                              ...and the buyer be damned, eh?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

To be fair, for Newc Fedex is 50 miles away as opposed to 10 for UPS. It's a bit unreasonable to expect someone to drive 50 miles one way to ship a guitar when there are 2 alternate choices in town. I've had Fedex ding some stuff too so they aren't perfect either.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X