stupid question about ibanez rg550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question about ibanez rg550

i dont care if i look like a dumbass asking these questions i just want the answer im on 15 so.

Im getting a ibanez rg550 laser blue 1990
    is there a difference of what year rg550 are made? are they all the same?
    please help me i and i know im a jcf noob lol it even says jcf retard on my thing idk why they put that on there but whatever.:think:

I always used to say "The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask" .....
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the 1990 RG550 is still a "good" ibanez. it is made in japan and is still dead-on with the original specs. don't worry; it is a good guitar.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Late 80s or early 90s 550 are great guitars. Very well made and play fast and smooth.

Look at the one in the middle, Heather Pearl RG550.

Comment

well whats better i could get a desert yellow 1988 or is it 1989? idk or i could get the 1990 laser blue

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
            Late 80s or early 90s 550 are great guitars. Very well made and play fast and smooth.

Look at the one in the middle, Heather Pearl RG550.

DAAAAAAAMN what are the ones on the sides? Looks like my perfect guitar :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              But no longer?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by cheese0tron View Post
                well whats better i could get a desert yellow 1988 or is it 1989? idk or i could get the 1990 laser blue
                Just get the one that you like the best color wise.

Comment

I'd go for the Desert Yellow personally , they seem to also hold their value better (well over here anyways!)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I always say "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking them"
                    Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                    DAAAAAAAMN what are the ones on the sides? Looks like my perfect guitar :heart:
                    RG565
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by cheese0tron View Post
                      it even says jcf retard on my thing idk why they put that on there but whatever.:think:
                      Refer to posts #17 through #20 and #24 in the thread linked below:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/105...Roswell-Rhoads

That being said, I own a 1989 Desert Yellow RG550, and in my opinion, it is a high quality guitar. I still have the stock pickups in it, because they sound good enough to me. Plus, I have no complaints about the Edge trem that's on it.
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I would hit the 89 in DY.They are fantastic players.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

In late 1987 I bought a pink RG550. The first year for them I think.It was the first guitar I ever bought on my own and I still have it today.It has allways been one of my best guitars and one of the best guitars I have ever played. Those necks are great. The early ones seem to have a thicker body on them too. Go for the older one I say.
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Why...do you still have JCF retard as your user title?
                            research dude.............
                            Oh fuck me..
                            cheese boy!! you can change your user title!
                            the name...under your name...

You need A girlfriend....

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
                              cheese boy!! you can change your user title!
                              No, he can't.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X