NGD MJ Mirage Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD MJ Mirage Custom

I stumbled across this and just had to have it, I'm sure you have all been there before. It is dead mint, sounds great, plays great, and in the seated position is probably the most comfortable I've played yet. The bridge is a lot closer to the end of the body plus there is a very well placed belly cut on the back, which I forgot to take a picture of, all of which puts the open position a lot closer to you, it's very cool. The neck is birds eye maple with tons of figure and un-common tuner placement makes it very easy to tune. It's got sort of a wide thin neck with jumbos on it and it feels very good in the hand. If you get a chance definitely check one out, this is an older 24 5/8" scale version but the new ones are 25.5".

mj1.jpg mj2.jpg

pretty sweet. i like unique looking guitars like that - it's kinda modern-vintage!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That's an... "interesting" body shape. No offense, but I don't dig it that much. Everything else looks KILLER on it though!!!

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to agree about the body shape. It's definitely not your average strat/tele/lp based shape and I was a little reserved about it at first but you wouldn't believe how comfortable it is to play. With the narrow waist and deep contours it just kind of sinks in. I'm sort of on the small side for a guy so that may be a factor - I tend to gravitate to the short scale small body models. The body shape does look very out of place when hanging between a strat and lp though.

Comment

I play all my guitars in the classical position, and that shape looks like it'd be a lot more comfortable for it...

Comment

That looks neat. Reminds me of the Mark Morton shape a tiny bit, which is also very comfortable to play sitting.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the Chris Broderick Soloist.

Comment

Working...
              X