BC Rich Warlock II Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Warlock II Prototype

The ORIGINAL BC Rich Warlock II Prototype.

I DO NOT own this guitar....the owner, a friend of mine (who wishes to remain anonymous) graciously allowed me to borrow it and take these pictures. What an AWESOME piece of BC Rich History!

Brings back so many memories as a kid seeing it in magazine ads.

The guitar in in nearly pristine shape after 29 years!

LOVE the control cavity plate shape....fits the overall vibe of the guitar so much better than the (rounded) production version

Note the 'browning' of the original trans red finish on the back of the neck. Can't see it here but theres also some red overspray on the side of the neck...it's noticeable only because the side dots are white!

I tried my best to photograph the serial but this is the best I could do. It Reads 'Proto 3.25.82

The VERY unique to this guitar, logo....
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

WOW, beautiful guitar!!!
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Stunning guitar. Nice job on the pics.

I also didn't remember that Bernie looked so much like an older Greg Brady...

Comment

Badass

Comment

Love it!!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

OK hand it over!!LOL I love that one.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wowsers!
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

AWESOME. one of my favorite guitars. i wish they would have made some of the warlock IIs w badass/quad bridges. im glad i snagged mine when they were still considered pointy heavy metal shit. ahhh i miss those days.
                Last edited by j2379; 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

You mean Quan bridges don't you?
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that is the ONLY warlock i have ever liked.....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Beautiful. The strat-style bridge looks weird

What's a Warlock II? How is it different to a regular Warlock?

Comment

And that, my friends is called innovation - awesome piece of history right there! That looks immaculate, wonder how it plays and sounds.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Warlock II, flat top bound body, reverse curved headstock (firebirdish) few had non reverse headstocks, all mahogany, dot inlays, 1 hum, stripped down active elctronics system & V-trem and no or very little neck angle. there are a couple of Kahlered ones floating around as well, but they are very rare.

regular warlocks (from the same era) bevelled body, 3 on 3 headstocks (other headstocks were options), diamond inlays (most of them) clouds on rare supremes & dots on later & cheaper models, more of a neck angle for the badass/quad bridges & Kahlers.

there is also 2 different US/handmade regular warlock shapes, the cutaways are the biggest difference between the 2 shapes.
                            Last edited by j2379; 04-21-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Very nice! As stated, the only version of the warlock I have ever liked.....Motley Crue/Lita Ford era.

Comment

Working...
                              X