No announcement yet.

BC Rich Warlock II Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is TOO fucking cool. LOVE the flat body with binding AND the V-trem!

Headstock is interesting too, look at how the strings slant coming off of the nut. Looks like there was a lot of refinement to that headstock shape (which is one of my faves).

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice one.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        Warlock II, flat top bound body, reverse curved headstock (firebirdish) few had non reverse headstocks, all mahogany, dot inlays, 1 hum, stripped down active elctronics system & V-trem and no or very little neck angle. there are a couple of Kahlered ones floating around as well, but they are very rare.

regular warlocks (from the same era) bevelled body, 3 on 3 headstocks (other headstocks were options), diamond inlays (most of them) clouds on rare supremes & dots on later & cheaper models, more of a neck angle for the badass/quad bridges & Kahlers.

there is also 2 different US/handmade regular warlock shapes, the cutaways are the biggest difference between the 2 shapes.
        Yep, dead on. Couldn't have said it better!
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

IMO, that body should never have bevels on it and should always be bound. Elegant and sexy as all hell.

Sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            IMO, that body should never have bevels on it and should always be bound. Elegant and sexy as all hell.

Sully
            Great minds think alike! Totally agree. The beveled bodies make it look cheap and distorts the shape in my opinion.

Some of the bolt on import Warlocks were just hideous in appearance, very far removed from the clean lines of the original 2 Warlocks
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
              Warlock II, flat top bound body, reverse curved headstock (firebirdish) few had non reverse headstocks, all mahogany, dot inlays, 1 hum, stripped down active elctronics system & V-trem and no or very little neck angle. there are a couple of Kahlered ones floating around as well, but they are very rare.

regular warlocks (from the same era) bevelled body, 3 on 3 headstocks (other headstocks were options), diamond inlays (most of them) clouds on rare supremes & dots on later & cheaper models, more of a neck angle for the badass/quad bridges & Kahlers.

there is also 2 different US/handmade regular warlock shapes, the cutaways are the biggest difference between the 2 shapes.
              Thank you! I agree with the rest about the bevels - flat looks waaay better. I also prefer this shape to the NJ Warlock, which hits the mark close but not quite. I'd take the regular in-line headstock over this though.

Comment

I concur. Its done well for 29 years!
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Pretty!

Comment

Working...
                  X