pulled the trigger on a carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled the trigger on a carvin

don't know the build time, but i went ahead and ordered a custom carvin.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Nice, which model and what specs?

Comment

DC125C
      LN Floyd Rose Locking Nut
      QTY Vintage Yellow Quilt
      TC Maple Neck & Body
      FMN
      QPH Quilted Maple Headstock Matches Body Color
      PTHR Reverse Pointed Angled 6s Headstock
      -EB Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)
      MP|M Mother Of Pearl Block Inlays
      STJF Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W
      -R12 12in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
      RB Rounded Body Sides
      BC Black Hardware
      S22B S22B Bridge Pickup w/ Metal Cover to Match Hardware
      -400 Black Coils w/ Black Bezels (Standard)
      -46 Elixir 1046E Light Gauge .010 - .046 (Standard)
      ETR Engraved Truss Rod Cover
      HC11S Form-Fitted ABS Hardshell Case

i chose vintage yellow because i saw a Hamer California (Californian?) on one of the old catalogs with a quilt maple top and a trans yellow that just looks amazing.

the experiment will be the maple body. i'll see how much i like the pickups then may throw whatever pickup model is in the bridge of my concord since that one is maple and sounds awesome.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to see that one. Vintage yellow is one of my favorite colors, and I ordered my DC727 in January with vintage yellow on a plain maple body with five-piece mahogany/maple neck, and I went for the SS medium jumbo frets. It took 9 weeks to get it.
        349_CIMG00021_1.jpg
        349_CIMG00051_1.jpg
        cy1.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Look hot man... Can't wait to see it.

Wow only 9 weeks????? That's some turn around.

Comment

The turn around time is great. They said about 6 to 8 weeks, but I've heard of people on their forum getting their orders sometimes a little earlier or a little later depending on the time of year and how busy they are.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Nice! Can't wait to see that one. Vintage yellow is one of my favorite colors, and I ordered my DC727 in January with vintage yellow on a plain maple body with five-piece mahogany/maple neck, and I went for the SS medium jumbo frets. It took 9 weeks to get it.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2249[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2250[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2251[/ATTACH]
              That is sweet! I hope it looks as good on the quilt maple as that does on plain.

Comment

Thanks. I'm sure it will look sweet on the quilt, too. VY does look a little darker on alder and even darker and more orange on mahogany, but plain, flamed or quilted maple all pretty much take to the same shade of yellow.

Comment

Man, that's going to look sweet. They do a great job on quilts.

Comment

I just got a message from Joe at Carvin, couldn't make out much. Called back and he was already gone for the weekend.

Do they usually contact people via the phone when you order? I checked the bank and payment went out so.. Now I have to sit and wonder until monday.

maybe he'll tell me that i get a discount for memorial day (one can hope)

Comment

sounds pretty god damm sweet cant wait to see it

Comment

seeing this now i'm almost wishing i gone with a maple neck. can not wait to see how the flame maple neck with ebony looks

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          I just got a message from Joe at Carvin, couldn't make out much. Called back and he was already gone for the weekend.

Do they usually contact people via the phone when you order? I checked the bank and payment went out so.. Now I have to sit and wonder until monday.

They'll sometimes call if they need to clarify something. You'll probably have to wait until Tuesday since Monday is Memorial Day.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

Not looking at the catalog, but if you ordered a S22B pickup, that sounds like a single-coil pickup from their nomenclature. Maybe he wants to make sure you really want to order a single-coil pickup on a single-pickup guitar?

When he confirms the order, maybe you can switch to a maple fingerboard if you like!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have a question for you guys if you don't mind. What thickness is the neck on a Carvin in relation to a USA Soloist? The ones pictured above look amazing, but I absolutely can't handle that super-skinny SLSMG/Ibanez type of neck.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X