No announcement yet.

pulled the trigger on a carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an SLSMG and my band's other guitarist has a DC127. The neck is definitely thicker/beefier. More of a C than a D.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      Not looking at the catalog, but if you ordered a S22B pickup, that sounds like a single-coil pickup from their nomenclature. Maybe he wants to make sure you really want to order a single-coil pickup on a single-pickup guitar?

When he confirms the order, maybe you can switch to a maple fingerboard if you like!
      Nope, it's a covered humbucker. their single coils are AP##

But hopefully it is something simple and not an additional charge
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Normally when I have something built I buy a 'while i wait' guitar, when my Semi Custom Rhoads was being built I picked up a DK2, when I did my 8 string I bought two AL-3100 and Al-2000

this time I'm not feeling so rich so I just ordered the Jeff Loomis instructional video. Hopefully there isn't a lot of 7 string stuff on there, otherwise I might have to pull the trigger on a 7 string next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          I have an SLSMG and my band's other guitarist has a DC127. The neck is definitely thicker/beefier. More of a C than a D.
          Sorry to be so dense, but you mean that the DC127 has the thicker neck, right?
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Carvin guitars kick ass. I'm sure you'll love it. Be sure to post pics when it arrives.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I received a call about my Bolt+ because I had ordered it with a Floyd, but without a locking nut. The sales rep just wanted to make sure I hadn't left the locking nut off by mistake.

I have had that guitar in pretty regular rotation for nearly five years, and it has been great. You can't go wrong with a Carvin. Next to my various Soloists, that Bolt+ is my favorite guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                Sorry to be so dense, but you mean that the DC127 has the thicker neck, right?
                Derp. Sorry, yeah, that's what I meant.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Cool I just spoke to Joe over at Carvin, basically the headstock I ordered in reverse won't fit in the free case you get so I have to upgrade to the tweed. No big deal, did get some input on pickups so I'm actually going with a metal covered M22.

Comment

Cool - I didn't know the M22's were available with metal covers. I saw the C22 were, so it looks like Carvin has extended that option to the other pickups.

Comment

That's why I had chosen the s22's because i was under the impression that was the only model with the metal top. When I had him change it to a more "metal" pickup he asked if i still wanted the metal top.

Everything shows that it's still "processing" so i don't know the status really. Hopefully it's at least getting closer to getting glued together.

I have no point of reference for their pickups so this will be interesting. Honestly everyone I knew in Livermore who played Carvins basses usually put in Bartolini pickups in them as the factor was close. In fact I don't know for sure I have ever seen a Carvin 6 string in person.

hopefully i won't get this and instantly want to put in something else.

Comment

I've only played one Carvin and I don't remember the model all I remember was it had a Wilkinson bridge and the pickups had twice the number of pole pieces as any pickup I had seen before. It played nice and sounded really good. The 25" scale was a pretty nice trade off. Good luck on the new one sir. BTW my jealousy wants to call you a bad name right now but I won't type it. LOL
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          Cool I just spoke to Joe over at Carvin, basically the headstock I ordered in reverse won't fit in the free case you get so I have to upgrade to the tweed. No big deal, did get some input on pickups so I'm actually going with a metal covered M22.
                          Cool. I had one of those tweed cases with a 12-string years ago. It was pretty nice.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the due date is 7/26/2011

Comment

Working...
                            X