ESP USA Custom MIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP USA Custom MIII

I just picked this up and thought I would share.
    It is a 1999-2000 ESP USA Custom MIII built in their California custom shop before it closed down in 2001.
    It has a mahogony body, quilted maple top, Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon, Custom Custom and Vintage staggerd pickups, Original Floyd Rose trem, Sperzel locking turners and an ebony finger board.

I know the top is not liked by alot of people but it is stunning in person.
    It looks like it is on fire.
    It plays and sounds amazing!

Nice quilt! Love the matching headstock too.

Comment

Whats not love about that guitar?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Beautiful guitar!!!

Comment

Love that top! Can you get a clear pickguard? Shame to hide that thing.

Comment

I like it. Congrats!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Actually i hadn't thought about a clear pickguard but that is a pretty good idea!
              The one on it now is a pearloid one and it doesn't look terrible but a clear one would show off the rest of the top.

Thanks guy, I know some people do not care for ESP guitars but I do have a Jackson '96 DR5 as well

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                Love that top! Can you get a clear pickguard? Shame to hide that thing.
                +1. It's a beautiful guitar, and it's a shame when they put pickguards over nice tops.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wonder if there will be a noticeable color change under the pickguard where it hasn't seen light for 12 years...

If you take it off, let us know how it looks under there. I agree with the clear guard idea, that would look killer.

Comment

To be honest I don't think the color change would be too drastic.
                    This thing was kept in the case before i picked it up but I will tale a look next time i do a string change.

Comment

Thats nice. Does it have an arm contour or is it flat topped. Its hard to tell from the pics.

Comment

It has an arm contour.
                        Its body shape is similar to my DR5 but without the scallop on the top horn of course.
                        As it is made of mahogany it is a bit heavy and sounds somewhat darker than the Jackson.
                        The action is very smooth and the fret work is top notch.

Comment

DAAAAAMN that's fabulous!

Comment

Wow, what a stunner! ESP seems to know what I like in a guitar!

Comment

Working...
                            X