Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! My buddy thinks my new Les Paul is a Chinese fake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
    This routing made me worry but everything else looks legit.

Tell your buddy to go fly a kite. This is a chambered Les Paul (they started in mid 2006 and your's is a late 2007).
    Last edited by DonP; 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

One thing I did notice was the back of the headstock it looks correct with the outer wings and not one piece like the MIC.
      I wasn't sure on the 9th digit and when that started so thanks.
      The vol and tone pots are in the right location in relation to the bridge too unlike the MIC versions.Serial font size and depth looked correct as well.
      I concur you have the real deal there after looking at mine and lots of pics.Good score.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's real.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

So I can now call my friend and tell him to stop stressing me out on matters he knows very little about!!!

Comment

Yes, or just ignore him and get to playing your beautiful new axe!
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Good advice Sir!!!

Comment

No, it says "Gibsun".

I have a fake, and I know it!
                Like it though.
                It has Stephens Design VL3 and PF Star high dollar pickups intended for a serious LP.
                Those are pickups just waiting for me to find the right guitar.

Great score you have, congrats!

Comment

If the Les Paul logo is gold, the rest of it looks like a genuine Gibson.
                  It has the correct TR cover and the deets match up (best we can see in the photo).

Play it and enjoy.

They were hogged out for a few years. I have a 07 studio that ls silly light for an LP due to it.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Wasn't Slash playing a les paul copy? Definitely not a Chinese though.
                    Sam

Comment

Looks fine to me HNGD!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        Wasn't Slash playing a les paul copy? Definitely not a Chinese though.
                        Yeah.
                        It was a Max.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That looks way too clean to be a real Les Paul.

Comment

Its real.
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

It's real alright........

A real piece of shit!!

I noticed right away just how light it was compared to my 82' Standard and started to worry as to how that would affect the tone. I gave it a full setup with my favorite strings (D'addario 13-54's) and tried it unplugged for a few minutes.....

Sounds like a dying banjo! Seriously compared to my '82 it is thin and weak and just lacks punch and tone. Plugged into my JCM 900 it sound like shit as well.

I wish I had better researched this new stupid fad by Gibson that they call "chambering" as I would have NEVER bought this turd! The "swiss cheese" Les Pauls of the late 90's were bad enough but this guitar is just crap no matter how nice it looks.

It has since been put up for sale and I will hunt down another "real and real heavy" Gibson from the 70's and 80's. Damm what a waste!

Comment

Good God, pass it on to me, bro! I could only wish to be able to get a guitar that nice!
                                Unfortunately, I can't even afford one of the fakes, much less a real Gibson!

Comment

Working...
                                X