OGD: Ibanez Prestige 1570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGD: Ibanez Prestige 1570

Got this back in January along with a new amp, but I never got around to a NGD/NAD post until now. I wanted to let it sit in and deal with all the flaws and stuff, instead of getting wrapped up in the whole "IT'S PERFECT IT'S BRAND NEW" mentality. But I feel it's time to post it and hopefully get some good feedback!

Back story: I took some guitar lessons from this man at the local guitar store, and always loved the guitar, how it looked, felt, played, etc. After a while of not going into the store, I found it on sale for $800, too thick for my blood, still loved it though.

After a bit of browsing the local classifieds ads, I found it on Kijiji! I messaged the guy at 2 am asking if he'd do $600 instead of his $750 asking price. He said if I was there in 10 minutes he'd take it, and BAM! New guitar day!

I guess the owner of the store owned the man some money, and he took this guitar instead of waiting on the cash, didn't like it, and wanted to make his money back.

Specs:

• American Basswood body
    • Bolt on maple neck
    • Rosewood fretboard w/24 frets
    • Dual EMG 81 pickups in the neck and bridge, and an extremely used EMG Tele bridge pickup in the middle, (when asked about it's condition, I was told "It's a hot pickup!" )
    • Very nice Edge bridge
    • Thinnest neck I've ever played

Before buying this guitar, I was NEVER into thin necks, and this changed everything. Dropped it from E to C#, gave it the old Mat setup with 11's, and now it has the lowest action that's possibly legal This guitar has a lot of people asking me to do setups for them! Sounds INCREDIBLE with the new amp, so crushing, definite DEATH METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Debating about swapping out the pickups for some DiMarzio's, but until then I'm thinking about giving it the 18v mod.

Anywho, onto the pics, (sorry about the quality, had to use my cell phone to take these) :

The whole rig, (minus my B.C. Rich) :

Hot axe...cool the way it found it's way to you.

I say leave the 81s in there....or maybe stick a 85 in the bridge. Crushing is crushing, don't mess with something that is working.

You stole that.... It has $200 in pups alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      Hot axe...cool the way it found it's way to you.

I say leave the 81s in there....or maybe stick a 85 in the bridge. Crushing is crushing, don't mess with something that is working.

You stole that.... It has $200 in pups alone.
      Thanks man!
      I'm thinking mainly of switching the neck pickup, probably to an 85 or 89.

Comment

Let me be the first to say "nice pussy".

Good score on the guitar too!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Let me be the first to say "nice pussy".

Good score on the guitar too!
          He's always snuggling with my guitars if I leave them on my bed, I'll never forget the day when I hit a string on it and he smacked his paw on the fretboard

Thanks man!

Comment

Another thing I'd like to add is that the middle pickup isn't screwed in, it's held on the bottom with electrical tape I always hit it with my pick and it falls out and hits the strings a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X