NGD - Mutt Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Mutt Strat

After 12 years of building, I finally built a guitar for myself. Having only Vees, I wanted a guitar to noodle around with while sitting in bed. I took some left over Black Limba (Korina) for the body. I routed the body with Jake E. Lee routes (opted to not install a middle pickup). The bridge is a custom custom and the neck is a hot Rail. I installed a strat super switch, so the configuration is as follows:
    1. Bridge Humbucker 2. Bridge Single 3. Bridge and Neck Humbucker 4. Neck Single 5. Neck Humbucker

I also used a Charvel hardtail I had laying around. The neck is a WD music 12" radius with double acting truss. To any Fender reps, this guitar is not and will never be for sale. In case you didn't know, it is illegal to place Fender licensed products on any non-original Fender equipment and resell it - trust me I know first hand.
    Here are the picks:
    JS-05.jpgJS-01.JPGJS-04.JPGJS-03.jpg
    Last edited by ulijdavid; 07-05-2011, 07:18 PM.

Very cool! Is that a brass pickguard? With the matching bridge, it makes it look real slick!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's actually "gold mirror" plastic from WD music. I took a chance on this stuff, otherwise I would have had to call in some favors from local machinists to manufacture it from brass. The "gold mirror" was $35.00 for just the material, so there was a bit of a "pucker" factor when cutting it.

Comment

That is sick!!!! Love it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Love that bridge... I wish you could still find those for less than infinity dollars.

Nice build!

Comment

NICE job! Excellent layout.

Comment

I bought the hardtail from Michael Charvel about two years ago. If you give him a call at Wayne guitars, I believe they sell both the V Trem and Hardtail. Supposedly they have them made by the same machinist from "back in the day".

Comment

Killer strat! Love it.

Only thing I'd change would be locking tuners, just for the lazy string changes.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X