No announcement yet.

the waiting begins RICH Bich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active pickups? Locking bridges? No, that's still too much. How about this? No knobs, no paint, all hardware just bare metal, hardtail strat bridge, no intonation adjustment, just an on/off mini switch to turn on the one single coil. NO contours, no strap pins, pretty much everything that doesn't make noise, does not go on this guitar. No pickup mounting ring, no binding, nothing. Even then, that's too much. How about just a square of wood with a baseball bat cut in half attached to it for the neck, with the most basic tuning pegs, and a microphone placed under the strings, no knobs since it's always on full blast
    -A great man once said, "EMGs, they make a bad guitar sound good, and a great guitar sound good."
    My Rig- Charvel San Dimas Style 1
    Hands, featuring Fingers

Comment

this ones for u TJ

Koa & Maple eagle, the Koa, is one of my best playing & sounding guitars.

2 koas, 2 maples, the natural koa is a bit beat up and has had the elctronics gutted. the maple deluxe is a killer player, the koa with dyed wings has a awesome almost SGish type sound. BCRich would often paint the wings or necks if there was an "imperfection" in the wood. if you look close u can see a black mineral deposit streak in the bass side wing.

the quilt maple Bich which i now have the Koa pair for. this was a guitar i wanted since i was a kid & bought for myself as a college graduation present.

Yeah i know i have 1 warlock, finding a maple warlock is NOT easy, and without a kahler, ive almost given up.

& yeah i like simple superstrats too, ive got a couple more of them that i dont have pics of.

Comment

Awesome!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Awesome!
          No doubt.
          I've only had the pleasure to play a couple and they were Mockingbirds.
          The Bich is on my "list".

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheMuscleShark View Post
            Active pickups? Locking bridges? No, that's still too much. How about this? No knobs, no paint, all hardware just bare metal, hardtail strat bridge, no intonation adjustment, just an on/off mini switch to turn on the one single coil. NO contours, no strap pins, pretty much everything that doesn't make noise, does not go on this guitar. No pickup mounting ring, no binding, nothing. Even then, that's too much. How about just a square of wood with a baseball bat cut in half attached to it for the neck, with the most basic tuning pegs, and a microphone placed under the strings, no knobs since it's always on full blast
            Put the crack pipe down dude.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Put the crack pipe down dude.

OTOH I've done the 1-pickup, 1 vol, no tone game.
              Great for all-out shredding, but not much else.

Coming to the COLA show stray?

Comment

the wait is OVER! yippy PICS

other than some belt buckle rash, some cloudy clear coat on the back & the gold worn off the bridge its pretty damn clean for 31 yrs. well here are the pics

The Pair

Comment

hell of a beautiful collection! >_<
                  :think:

Comment

No words, just great!

Comment

Yikes, Swiss Army guitar, times two. Cool, not my cup of tea, but you have two, so that makes it cool in and of its self.
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Saweet!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks, as for the electronics, the dual sound switches are series/parallel for each pickup, the phase puts the 2 hums out of phase w each other. so basically you can get straty like cross between singles and p90 tone out of them. the preamps i usually take the battery(s) out of so they dont work, as they are only really useful on LOW gain amps and when the varitone is engaged and lowers the output. They are very cool once you get used to them, i prefer the actives on NON Bich BCRich's since they dont have dual preamps or the extra volume for the neck pickup.

Comment

I get it...in this sense.
                            I dial in the amp for the weakest output, and use the rest for various boosts along the way.
                            The single coil tones (to me) are ridiculously good.
                            Beats strats/teles all over the place.
                            Just...a sweet phase that can capture that 70's funk.
                            Flip the HB's on and it's off to the races!

All this from limited experience, and yes my own ugly homebrew.
                            Last edited by Cygnus X1; 07-26-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I really want the radio controlled T-Rex.

Comment

sweet BC Rich collection, the 10 string Bich looks right at home
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X