What's fruity and horny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's fruity and horny?

I thought these were pretty cool a few years ago when I first saw them, but never thought I'd ever own one. But someone local offered a straight trade for my boring old black DK1, so I figured it was worth a try. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the build quality and attention to detail. The paint is 'sort of' matt finished, but I guess 'satin' would be a better description. The body paint is lightly textured and the applehorn rout is very 'sharp'. The clock inlays aren't for everyone, but they're very neatly done. And I didn't realise the clock hands were in positions relative to the fret number.

This thing seems to resonate really well. Sure, it came strung with '11s so that'd help, but it's loud acoustically, and feels like it's built like a tank. The biggest surprise was the neck profile - It's much bigger than I expected, but super comfortable. I think this is the first bolt-on guitar I've ever owned that didn't have a neck plate, so that's a novelty too.

It's a pretty silly guitar, and I have no idea if it'll be a keeper guitar, but it's certainly fun for now! My wife just rolled her eyes when I opened the case :P

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

I've always been curious about the Caparisons. Never seen one in person to try out.

That applehorn route always made me go :think:

Comment

very nice. Great colour.

I could do without the applehorn rout, but it doesn't kill it for me It's not like it's a band logo or something.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about lychees or something. The route looks hilarious but apart from that, looks real nice.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

If you turn the guitar upside down the route looks like Goatse.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

nice visual, thanks. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              Thanks,
              Now I can't unsee it.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Now that's different... I found 2 Caparisons at a pawn shop last month. I tried out a white one with a maple/maple neck and liked it. It felt pretty solid but the neck profile was thinner than most of my Jacksons.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  very nice. Great colour.

I could do without the applehorn rout, but it doesn't kill it for me It's not like it's a band logo or something.
                  Well, it is a signature model.

Awesome guitar, though. Nice score, Ian!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Leave it to the pervy Brits to point that out!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by mazrim View Post
                      if you turn the guitar upside down the route looks like goatse.

Comment

Right side up, it looks like Tub Girl.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's a pretty damn cool guitar, if completely silly. Can't say it'll be a keeper because I can't see me using it that much, but time will tell!
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Never understood the whole "applehorn" gimmick but otherwise Caprisons are excellent guitars. Congrats at scoring a nice guitar.

Comment

I'd be more interested in a TAT, but knowing of the people responsible for making these, I'm sure it's a fine guitar.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X