Schecter Strategy – any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Strategy – any good?

I came across one of these Schecter Strategys . Looks to be either neck thru or set neck. Not too much info on the web, but from what I can find it looks to be late 80s made in japan. The Elderly link below is I think the same model guitar:
    Family owned since 1972, Elderly Instruments is a music store specializing in new, used & vintage guitars, banjos, mandolins, ukuleles and more. Shop today!

The headstock looks mighty J/C-like. I don’t see a truss rod cover at the headstock, so hopefully there’s some weird access at the neck pickup?..I might need to take a closer look.

I didn’t play it, but wanted if others had any experience with these. The trem looks to be unique to the guitar…so I doubt a Floyd could easily be dropped in.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Set neck they did a neck thru as well.Not bad guitars made in Korea early 80's
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hmmm, made in korea...that's kind of a turn off,...at least in my experience of 80s-made in korea guitars. They were much lower quality than today's korean-made stuff.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Back in "the day" I worked in a music store that carried Schecters, so I can tell you from experience ... dont buy one without playing it first.
        The quality control on those guitars varied greatly from guitar to guitar. Some were amazing to play, others, well, not so much.

The trem on the one you are interested in looks like a Floyd knock off. Not necessarily a bad thing, but dropping in a real Floyd might be more effort than the axe is worth.

Comment

I remember seeing Bill Steer use one in Napalm Death and just think to myself: "Ew... What a bad J/C knockoff."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
            "Ew... What a bad J/C knockoff."
            That was actually my first thought as well when I saw it!

Comment

Working...
            X