cartoon explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cartoon explorer

cartoon or not this explorer is badass, love the binding on the neck & body.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/7...-Silverburst-/

Considering the cost of some Gibsons that one is not bad. And I agree badass.

Comment

Love it! I think I posted a thread about that one a few months back.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd like it better if it was all black. The Sammy Hagar Explorer is pretty much the same thing only red. I'd love one of those, if Sammy's name wasn't on it. I wish Gibson would do more Explorers.

Comment

Put inlays besides generic dots and rear-rout that bitch and I might be interested. I like the Gibson silverburst color. It's really nice when you see it in real life. Bonus points for Gibson not putting crunchies in it.

Comment

true, i wish they would make one like Jay Jay french's old explorer black, bound body, mirror pickguard instead of that dumb pink epi LP...like there isnt enough LPs out there.

Comment

This would be perfect with MOP block inlays but its still pretty awesome.
              And the price isnt bad either considering some of the money being asked for Les Pauls now.

Gibson have been coming up with a load of old shit recently but this is more like it.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Like the Silverburst. IMO they really are past-due with expanding LP-exclusive features to the Exp and V.

I still say they should have Special, Standard, and Custom features on the Explorer and V, and match them to the LP/SG features:
                Special has dots on rosewood (bound and unbound)
                Standard has trapezoids on rosewood
                Custom has blocks on bound ebony, and a 3-pickup option

I guess they could throw in Studio versions that had half-assed "upgrades" like trapezoids without body binding like they do the LPs.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Like the Silverburst. IMO they really are past-due with expanding LP-exclusive features to the Exp and V.

I still say they should have Special, Standard, and Custom features on the Explorer and V, and match them to the LP/SG features:
                  Special has dots on rosewood (bound and unbound)
                  Standard has trapezoids on rosewood
                  Custom has blocks on bound ebony, and a 3-pickup option

I guess they could throw in Studio versions that had half-assed "upgrades" like trapezoids without body binding like they do the LPs.
                  Yeah, the current Explorer is pretty analogous to the LP Studio, it would be nice to see at least the "standard" variety. I miss the "modernized" Explorers from the 80's without the pickguard, too.

Comment

Yeah, rear-loaded definitely goes without saying. I do appreciate the timeless visual of the pickguarded V, but they certainly have room for both types without having to kill one in favor of the other.

Besides, rear-loading makes room for quilted tops, which would look like total shit if half of it was covered by plastic.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                      This would be perfect with MOP block inlays but its still pretty awesome.
                      And the price isnt bad either considering some of the money being asked for Les Pauls now.

Gibson have been coming up with a load of old shit recently but this is more like it.

It's a special model on a limited run, and in spite of that it's STILL cheaper than a LP standard.

Comment

They actually made deathklok explorer, flying V, and the thunderbird bass versions. I saw the commercial for them on adult swim a while back but never saw anything after that. Anybody know if they canceled that show? I haven't seen it in forever.
                        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                        X