No announcement yet.

Is ESP trying to copy JACKSON/CHARVEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ESP trying to copy JACKSON/CHARVEL?

Hey guys I've been thinking of it for a while and I'd like to know your opinion about this issue.I think that ESP is trying to copy Charvel/Jackson guitars through the years.First its the headstock ESP used in the early days:
    Then I see that Alexi Lahio , Roope Latvala who had jackson custom shop guitars changed company and now they are signed at ESP. Alexi using a guitar which looks like the RR and Roope using the star shape which belongs to Charvel guitars.Jeff Hanneman used to play a Jackson dinky , now he is also signed to ESP.What I want to know is if really ESP guitars are better than Jackson-Charvel( someone who playes both instruments would be the proper person to inform us) , or if artist change their guitar companies just because they want to use new models.Also what do you believe about ESP trying to copy Jackson-Charvel?

Thanks for reading it!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ESpee copies Jackson. And Gibson. And Fender. And whoever else has a guitar thats ever been popular. Both companies make incredible guitars, but ESP can churn them out faster. Jackson has an air of quality and a stigma as the original metal guitar. Charvel is the original hot-rodded guitar. Read some of the history of the companies, that's how I formed my opinion.

Oh yeah, Hammerman used a Soloist, and still plays it today. Or it may have been a CS (Before the name designation of the Soloist/Dinky/RR)
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I think the only reason Hanneman doesn't use his soloist anymore is due to rust on the tremolo/pickups, but I only vaguely remember reading that in an interview a long time ago, (so long ago I didn't know the difference between a Dinky and a Soloist... Oh how the days go by!)

Comment

That's been ESP's market direction for a long time.
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
          or if artist change their guitar companies just because they want to use new models.
          I think artists probably change companies because of $ more often than wanting to use a new model.

Comment

When it came to jumping to ESP most artists have done so for $$. Dave Mustaine left out of bad feelings.
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
              When it came to jumping to ESP most artists have done so for $$.
              Exactly. But this is for most endorsement deals I supposed.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Exactly. But this is for most endorsement deals I supposed.
                Not always. Jackson was one of the companies that refused to do that for a long time. They want their guitars to stand on merit alone. They lost a lot of endorsees that way to compnies like ESP and Ibanez. ..

Comment

Not always. Jackson was one of the companies that refused to do that for a long time. They want their guitars to stand on merit alone. They lost a lot of endorsees that way to compnies like ESP and Ibanez. ..
                  Agree... But look at what is Jackson today compared to ESP, Ibanez and Schecter...

Not saying about the products that Jackson makes but more from a "marketing" stand point.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                    Jeff Hanneman used to play a Jackson dinky, now he is also signed to ESP.
                    He played a Soloist, not a Dinky. A Dinky is a bolt-on neck.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Scott used Jackson in the early '80s, then he and Frank Bello were endorsed by ESP. Scott then was endorsed by Jackson for awhile, then he got a Randall amp endorsement, which is also part of Washburn, then had a Washburn endorsement for a bried period. Now he's back with Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                        Oh yeah, Hammerman used a Soloist, and still plays it today.
                        Does he still play it? It originally had a Kahler nut, then got routed for a Floyd nut. He sweats a lot, and that killed the electronics which he had rebuilt/replaced several times. Not sure if he still uses that one much, if at all, any more.

Comment

Lemme re-word that: still HAS it. I thought he used it on the big 4 DVD, but I was wrong. Last time I saw it was one of the vids from God Hates Us All.

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

One of these days I'll learn to embed these vid links.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                              One of these days I'll learn to embed these vid links.....
                              there's an icon at the top of the quick reply window called "Insert Video"
                              copy/paste link, insert, done
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X