Gibson Fying V WITH Floyd Rose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Fying V WITH Floyd Rose!

Not a Gibson fan.. but this has got me all fired up for one!

Pure Judas Priest!!!

www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

that is pretty cool. i wonder if it will cost $6000....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Explorer like it is $1399.00 from MF. I believe this V and the Explorer with Floyd are MF/GC exclusives. I will have one of the V's!

Comment

Not a Gibby fan, either, I actually just sold a Gib V, but I would like one of those for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
          The Explorer like it is $1399.00 from MF. I believe this V and the Explorer with Floyd are MF/GC exclusives. I will have one of the V's!
          While you're at it, you wanna buy me one of the Explorers?
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I just checked the Gibson site for specs. The fingerboard is listed as obeche? While the Explorer is listed as Ebony. WTF is Obeche?

Comment

That's pretty neat. Though, I wish Gibson would actually bring back the rounder headstock on the V.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                I just checked the Gibson site for specs. The fingerboard is listed as obeche? While the Explorer is listed as Ebony. WTF is Obeche?

"Obeche is readily obtainable in large sizes, clear of defects, and at a fairly low price and is ideal for mass-production work."

It's cheap and isn't tough on tools. I note no mention of "tone wood" when finding any information on it...
                Last edited by Hellbat; 08-23-2011, 10:12 AM.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  That's pretty neat. Though, I wish Gibson would actually bring back the rounder headstock on the V.
                  I often wonder that too. I would think Gibson would sell a shit load of older style Vees - Rounder headstock, 1-3/8" body, non-angled neck, bound fretboard, and block inlays. Basically Michael Schenker's old Vees.

Comment

I love the Explorer, probably the only Gibson I'll get... Besides the many 80's Explorers I'll have one day

Wish the neck scale was 25.5" but I understand why they make it that, save it for a custom shop...
                    Apparently some of the old 80's ones were Alder, which really has me interested.

Comment

So a retake on the V90

unfortunately without the cool inlays and only available in cum-white
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

PRS used obeche on the Starla X as the body wood.

It's pronounced soops

Comment

I'm good with the inlays. ....and the traditional color. Been waiting for a damn trem that works. My 1975 Limited natural needs a relative that can squeel.

Comment

Working...
                          X