Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Gibson and PRS guitars are far superior to Jackson, Charvel, ESP etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Gibson and PRS guitars are far superior to Jackson, Charvel, ESP etc...

This site if full of old people who are Gibson/ Fender lovers and refuse the thought that something other than Gibson/Fender that costs thousands less can be better than their guitars....lol

"hey this gibson is 8000, this JAckson, CHarvel, ESP custom is 3,500, the Gibson must be FAR better guys!!!"

Look at this Gibson fanboy go on....

One of those forums that is basically either a lot of vintage guys or guys that like copies of vintage guitars.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
      One of those forums that is basically either a lot of vintage guys or guys that like copies of vintage guitars.
      Ya man. I don't care if someone likes some Gibson's/ Fender's, as they used to be really good, but to say the Gibosn's made today are in a different class than JAckson, ESP, PRS.....lol what a joke.

Comment

True but in reality when someone does venture to ask about shredders
        Jackson/Charvel ranks quite high by those who bother to post about them.

Comment

Don't be too harsh.

The guys over a TGP are a pretty good lot.
          The Gibson thing has caused a few of them to lose their shit re: conspiracy theories.

But the audience there isn't the same as what is here. J/C as a builder is not really on their radar.
          Neither are PRS, really. They live at Birds and Moons.

Their guitar heroes tend to sit firmly in the blues/jazz stylings.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I like Gibsons. They have some shitty quality issues and they're overpriced, but somewhat charming nonetheless.

Comment

Gibsons are way more exotic - they're made in the mystic Orient with magical forbidden wood!

Comment

I like Les PAuls and some explorers, but Gibsons are somehow more over-priced than American Jacksons.

And PRS sucks. Let's build a company aorund the Gibson double-cutaway, give it a shitty neck joint, and sell it as a class-A boutique guitar! I never played a PRS I liked or couldn't have gotten a nicer Gibson version for less money

Comment

I think the cost is mainly due to the labor involved in the lacquer finishing, or so I have heard, which as thick as they lay it on these days and as much plasticizer is in there I don't think it makes any difference in the tone anyway, might as well coat them with rubber.

A THIN coat of poly would probably be quicker, cheaper, more durable, and sound better... But then the "they should never have strayed from the '50's model" guys would bitch - you know, the ones who "upgrade" a Nashville bridge to an ABR.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post

And PRS sucks. Let's build a company aorund the Gibson double-cutaway, give it a shitty neck joint, and sell it as a class-A boutique guitar! I never played a PRS I liked or couldn't have gotten a nicer Gibson version for less money
                    It's all opinion, but, I like PRS. They are some darn good consistent guitars.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                      I like Les PAuls and some explorers, but Gibsons are somehow more over-priced than American Jacksons.

They play alright but the neck joint is clunky to me. Maybe I have stubby fingers, I dunno. The PRS fanboys get real indignant when I bring it up though. I have to wonder how many of them actually play on the upper frets. They tend to play Creed Lite, 3-note power chords in Drop D. Anyuthing will work fine for that.

But it's not as much the guitars as the owners who think they are a superior race or something because they play them. Oh, and the ones with tunomatics the bridges don't have enough adjustment range to intonate in many cases.

As for the guys who believe this, it's best to leave them alone, because they tend to melt down if you present them with the facts compared to Jackson. They just don't want to hear it and they think metal players are too "busy" anyway. Let them live in their world as we live in ours, i guess...
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've tried to like PRS, but couldn't get past the sterile tone.
                        Great looking guits though.

I don't care what they say about Jackson/Charvel image, they are the best playing, sounding guitars I know of.
                        Sounds sophomoric at best, but true.

Comment

My Custom 24 is a fabulous guitar. I don't see the issue with the neck joint, and I think it's the best sounding guitar I have for hard rock.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

I see this kind of trash talking from time to time on other forums. I love my PRS guitars. But I also love my C/J's for different reasons. If I was forced to pick, I'd have to go C/J. Gibsons - I don't get it. But there are obviously many who do. Its kind of like when I hear guys slamming each other about NFL teams. I don't really understand the mentality. Last time I checked, none of us own a large guitar company or an NFL team. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Of course my commentary is speaking on and about those on other forums who like to bash. Carry on.
                            Last edited by MikeStrat; 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

my gibo is badly made, my fender is pretty good but my charvel is as well made as my fender and its not a usa guitar. parts quality is not up to the strat but its no where near as expensive.
                              no sig.....

Comment

Working...
                              X