Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People buying custom guitars and sellign them a few weeks after?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing is most custom shops take so long to build you that dream guitar, sometimes by the time it arrives the idea is not as fresh and stunning or quite possibly your tastes have changed. I constantly dream up new guitars and do photoshop mockups now if I only had the unlimited cash flow, hahaha. I actually have 2 serious ideas I'm dying to have built.

I have ordered 5 Custom shops and have kept 4 of them. The one that got sold was the XTRR. As I found that I'm more comfortable with superstrat shapes. (plus downsizing the collection due to being out of work) The other 4 I'm pretty attached to and they have sorta a sentimental value to me.

I've also bought other people's Customs but they end up usually not sticking around cuz there will be a feature that's just not for me.

One thing I think is happening now is people are getting turned off by the wait times and lack of communication so once their Custom arrives they may have a bad taste in their mouth and just end up selling it. But it does make me go "hmmm" when you see the classfied ads where the person states " This guitar is incredible ...plays like a dream and I love it...yadda yadda.." But then why are you selling it? Unless it's a financial reason this baffles me.

Comment

hehe. yea, a lot of people are selling the greatest guitar they have ever played. I believe it's usually because the wife has told them to thin the herd, or they are moving overseas. So of course they sell the best guitar they own.

I reckon if you have to poll a guitar forum to help you decide on features, you're not ready to order a custom yet. Likewise if you're rushing to get your specs together to place your order - if this guitar hasn't been mulling about in your brain for ages, or if you can't spec it out over a period of time and then sleep on it to see how it feels tomorrow or in a week or month's time, then you probably won't be happy with it in a year's time.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        hehe. yea, a lot of people are selling the greatest guitar they have ever played. I believe it's usually because the wife has told them to thin the herd, or they are moving overseas. So of course they sell the best guitar they own.

Comment

Working...
        X