Les Paul guys, what pickups..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by levantin View Post
    AFAIK Gibson doesn't do F spaced (as in Fender spaced), but T is for treble (ie bridge) and R for rhythm (neck) pickups.
    Modern Gibson pickups are wider spaced. You'll see a lot of bitching because someone bought the wrong cover and it doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Damn, you guys must not have anything better to do
      The hours of 5pm to 9pm are single dad time while moms at work. I cant do anything even remotely productive while the three of them are awake, especially the 2 year old. The hours of 6am to 8am are take it easy wake up time. 8am to 5pm is work time, but I may pop in at lunch on the phone. So yeah, nothing really better to do in my free time lately, not even play my guitar(kids bug me when I try to play, Ive pretty much given up playing at home anymore),so I kill time and lots of it online. Ive posted nearly 2000 times just since July when the wifey took the job.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
        I just joined over at MLP, rest assured, Ive already trolled a thread started by you. Thanks for the info though, I was waiting for your reply with baited breath, I know you had a few LPs.
        Twitch,

One word of caution. On the MLP Metalheads are quite often few and far between. When people start recommending say, pickups, just remember they might be playing the stuff we do or through the amps we do.

Comment

Why I asked here. I joined over there to satisfy my OCD for knowing the gear I own in and out. I probably wont post much over there. It was the same way with the Carvin board, the Silverado board, My Tractor Forum, Moped Army forum, B52 AT100 forum(now defunct), The Unofficial ENGL Forum and the gokartforum.com(also now defunct). I miss the go kart forum, it was a fun place.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

MLP is a great forum for the most part,a few cork sniffers tho'.
            I tried alnico II magnets in a 498 and blah is all I can say way too muddy to say the least.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That pick gaurd is bitchin.

Comment

I use BB Pro's in mine, back in the day I used a Pafpro for metal tones, real tight in an LP.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  AFAIK Gibson doesn't do F spaced (as in Fender spaced), but T is for treble (ie bridge) and R for rhythm (neck) pickups.
                  I was always under the impression the F spaced stood for (Floyd spaced).
                  You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                    I was always under the impression the F spaced stood for (Floyd spaced).
                    Seymour uses a T as well (Trembucker). A Floyd Spaced JB is a TB4.

I think DiMarzio patented the 'F-Spaced' term so no one else can use an F.

As far as Gibson is concerned, modern USA guitars have wide spacing since 1990 when the T pickups came out. Historics still get regular spacing.

Comment

When dimarzio first started making pickups they made fender replacements then when they started making pickups for gibson, which had closer string spacing, the wider pole piece pickups for fenders became "F" spaced while the others were regular spaced
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                      X