Mike Learn paintjob 2011 Dean Z88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Learn paintjob 2011 Dean Z88

Just thought I would share this with everyone, since I know Mike's stuff is well known here

Dean Z88 Custom

That looks cool as hell!! Thanks for sharing. Go Pack!!

Comment

Tell me something about that Dean guitar. I know where one is, but that funky trem scares me off. The guitar has an excellent ebony fretboard and Jackson headstock making it almost worth getting.

Comment

That is wicked. Mike certainly is the king of skulls

Comment

Nice axe, but get rid of that shitty trem. Those things are the biggest pile-of-dung-excuse-for-a-trem I've ever had the misfortune of encountering.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Tell me something about that Dean guitar. I know where one is, but that funky trem scares me off. The guitar has an excellent ebony fretboard and Jackson headstock making it almost worth getting.
            I dont know a lot about the guitar except it was made around 89-90. It does have an Ebony board and a J/C pointy headstock, neck and headstock are minty. 3 toggles below the volume make it resemble a Charvel Model 4, but its lighter. Im thinking the pickups are "Selects" by EMG.

It plays like a mid-range Jackson with big influence on Fender Strat chime. Transition from lower chords to the higher picked is pretty sweet, lots of finger slide and bend tricks with the ebony board, Hammer-ons are precise again because of the board, pull-offs take a little more finess. Neck radius feels pretty good too, again following Jackson there

In all I think it was an honest attemp by Dean to grab a chunk of the J/C Market

Anyone know what Mike Learn charges for a guitar paint job??

Comment

Oh, I remember another thing. Is the headstock on yours made up of a bunch of little pieces of wood? You'd have to look at the backside of the headstock. That turned me off as well.

Comment

actually it is, the tuners are on one solid piece thats runs the length of the top, which is glued to another peice that runs with the direction of the neck. I thought it was odd too. I have heard a couple people say the body was plywood, but it wouldnt make a lot of sense to make a plywood guitar and an ebony fretboard. So Im thinking its basswood

I got it for the paint job and not really the guitar, although it would have been nice on a Jackson Custom Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Mindstein View Post
                  Anyone know what Mike Learn charges for a guitar paint job??
                  It all depends on what you are starting from and what you want. Shoot him an email: [email protected]

In general, I'd say his prices are reasonable and you definitely get alot of bang for the buck

Comment

that is amazing as usual... the skills that mike's got. geez....

Comment

Working...
                    X