Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing a guitar on a plane: any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an experience with bringing mine on a plane to Europe and back. It really depended on the pilot, and the assholes that worked at the airport. You should check the airline restrictions and allowances, becuase it was not funny when i took mine with me. Going there for the trip was fine, they allowed me to fit it up in the baggage area above you, if there was room... so negotiating with some people around might have to be done, becuase there for sure were some assholes that would'nt listen. But going back, at the baggage loading area, they told me I could'nt take it onboard, so we went to the manager and reasoned with them to allow me to take it onboard. It was a hassle, but we got approval, and it ended up that the pilot didn't even care. In fact he was happy to see me with a guitar, he seemed quite interested himself, so he let me put it safely in this small closet-like area. Yet again when we came to the last flight, they completely refused to let me take it onboard, even though it was the same airline we took to get to Europe, which has specific restrictions that I did not exceed. So they made me put it under the plane with the rest of the cargo, I was afraid it was going to break the headstock or something, but it was fine after we got out. Seriously, it can be risky... I'll remember to get a flight case next time

Comment

I just got my flight case from Road Cases USA. Got an uncut case, $149. Not bad!

Comment

I've flown with standard jackson/ibby cases many times. I put a fragile sticker on the case and hand it over when checking in. I've never had any problems.

Paul is such a cool teacher, I've been to one of his VIP sessions. You are in for a treat.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X