Ngd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd!

Picked this up at my local MGR. Appears to be all Maple(body\neck\board). Its a custom made guitar from Performance guitars in Hollywood. My guess is, its from the 80s. Neck and body are stamped Performance guitars. No build date in the neck pocket. Bridge pickup has been changed to a Lil 59 and it appears the saddles have been replaced. Everything else appears to be original. Great flame in the neck. Body is two piece and half appears to be birdseye. Guitar is HEAVY! but plays great. Got this for $450 out the door. Only real flaw is someone apparently took a file to the end of the fretboard and cut 6 grooves in it. Doesn't affect playability, just looks bad and i can't figure out for the life of me what they were trying to accomplish. This apparently hung in the racks for two months, but i bought it as soon as i saw it. None of the salespeople had ever heard of Performance Guitars. They were a little shocked when i informed them a custom build from them starts at $2500. Enough talking, heres the pics.

Sweet deal Daryl!!
    I see strats that get those groves in the end of the fretboard a lot maybe just wear marks.
    Have any other cool stuff there?I need to make a trip up there.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow, that's a winner. Nice piece.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Sweet deal Daryl!!
        I see strats that get those groves in the end of the fretboard a lot maybe just wear marks.
        Have any other cool stuff there?I need to make a trip up there.

Thanks Rich. They had several USA strats(overpriced of course). They're selection has really went down hill ever since the Guitar Center opened. This was probablly the best deal i've seen there in a while. They had never heard of Performance Guitars and since theres not a lot of info on them, they had no idea how to price it. No need to make any special trips.

Comment

looks good. how's that Lil59 sound in the bridge?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice score! Looks to be in great shape.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice any idea how old it is? looks to be pretty minty

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                looks good. how's that Lil59 sound in the bridge?
                I'm switching it out ASAP. lol

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                nice any idea how old it is? looks to be pretty minty
                Emailed the builder and he doesn't keep very good records. I pulled the neck, but no date stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by DARYLV View Post
                  They were a little shocked when i informed them a custom build from them starts at $2500.
                  Hopefully after the purchase!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X