No announcement yet.

Opinions on Agile Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Agiles do look pretty nice. I still don't know if I'll be able to deal with an 8. I'll see if I can track an Ibanez or Scheter down soon in GC or Sam Ash and give it a whirl.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ive got 2 8's im about to let go of.

Ones a bloodburst intrepid pro dual Neckthru with rosewood board and other is a single hum EMG 808 also neckthru with maple board.

Taking trades if you got stuff laying around you dont want.

(insert selling plug here)

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
        Ive got 2 8's im about to let go of.

Ones a bloodburst intrepid pro dual Neckthru with rosewood board and other is a single hum EMG 808 also neckthru with maple board.

Taking trades if you got stuff laying around you dont want.

(insert selling plug here)
        I'm actually wanting to unload my 8 string as well. I thought it was be cool as sort of a double duty guitar (doing some bass stuff with it) but it's just too much of a beast and i'm starting to move more towards Rolling Stones kind of rock and leaving the cu-chunk cu-chunk stuff behind.

I'll end up holding on to it for now but if I go looking for something at a local shop this one will probably be the one i try to trade in. I'm usually not one for getting rid of guitars but this one just ... dunno it doesn't fit me or my playing so. unless I get really into two handed stuff which at 42 years of age i think i'm over it. lol
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          The Agiles do look pretty nice. I still don't know if I'll be able to deal with an 8. I'll see if I can track an Ibanez or Scheter down soon in GC or Sam Ash and give it a whirl.
          Joe's gonna djent!!
          Sam

Comment

Looks like Jersey is gonna have a new moobcore band!
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              Bahahahaha!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So I take it that the 10Lb spec on the site isnt really an accurate estimate for the weight of the Als? Cool, I could go for a 12 pounder. It seems the heavier the mahogany, the more burly the sound is. One of my Epis is just over 10 and theres a significant difference in the body of the tone over its 9 pound counter part. Same electronics, basically the same guitar period.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

They very like most massed produced guitars. My guess different wood stock.

But the 3000m has s 3/4 inch cap and the 3200 just has veneer. So it does weigh less.

I've been wanting to get another 3000m thru but I'm actually pretty pleased with the desolation. And its like 7 lbs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    Moobcore FTW!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So I take it that the 10Lb spec on the site isnt really an accurate estimate for the weight of the Als? Cool, I could go for a 12 pounder. It seems the heavier the mahogany, the more burly the sound is. One of my Epis is just over 10 and theres a significant difference in the body of the tone over its 9 pound counter part. Same electronics, basically the same guitar period.
                      I didn't weigh mine but with the stock low output pickups it had a really killer tone. I sold it after I picked up a esp ltd mh301, both had purple quilt tops but the esp is nicer.

Comment

I have a AS-1000. I got it, as I didn't want to spend $3K on a Gibson ES-335. It gets close to the gibson and stomps guitars in its price rance. Mine cost $400 + the pups. I have a TZ in the bridge and a Pearly Gates @ the neck and I can get vintage, jazz and punk rock tones out of it. The top on mine isn't bad and it feels like a solid (eh...hollow ) guitar. The only things I don't like are the grover tuners and one area of the binding which looks a little off.

Comment

Today I got my very first Rondo guitar...a douglas natural with fixed trem. All I needed to do after unboxing it was to tune the guitar. That's it. A player right out of the box. Its made in China which comes as no surprise but its incredibly light, which is expected, and has very good acoustics unplugged.

the frets need some polishing but i did not hear any buzzes or dead frets so far. The strings are very cheap but I have run out of 10's to replace them right away so it'll have to stay for now. The nut does look very cheap and the tuners are tight to turn. The neck joint is visible through the clear coat and looks like some glue came out after joining and it was not cleaned up before clear coating. Just a cosmetic issue really.

The neck is really nice as well. I would says its the same as a soloist's neck. But I don't have a soloist to compare so I might be off a little bit there. However, its very comfortable to play.
                          Sam

Comment

Working...
                          X