Opinions on Agile Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Agile Guitars

I'm considering buying yet another guitar. (already awaiting two.) I'm considering an Agile AD-3000 because I get a two volume, two toneknob configuration. Any tried one? Would you recommend one or should I go for something else?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

I see alot of people like them on the les paul forum. A cheaper alternative with great build quality. I have not had a chance to play one in person.

Comment

i had a 3000M and loved it. sold it because i needed a quick buck, and have missed it ever since. i keep toying with getting another one, but they raised the prices since i bought mine...so i am holding out because i am pouting a bit.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I had a al 3100. very well made guitar, I had one with a purple quilt top not the best top. sold it because I will never get used to the lp shape and it was a heavy sumbitch.

Comment

Keep in mind they are very heavy. I don't even play mine because of this. (Yeah I'm a wimp - or rather, spoiled by all my light Jacksons)
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Had a 3100, great guitar! Lightyears ahead of Epiphone junk. Mine wasnt very heavy either, Im just not an LP guy. Pickups are somewhat muddy but thats easily changed. Other than that, great guitars for the money, would still like to try a 3000m!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I like mine a lot and plan on getting another 3100

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

^ wow, that's a great shot.

The sevenstring.org folks are full of praise about their Agile guitars. I too am considering one of their 6 string Natural guitars and according to the website, its only 7 lbs for a quilt top one.

However, the main gripe I've heard so far is that Agile's interpretation of "Jumbo" is equivalent to medium frets for other manufacturers. So, when you read Jumbo, don't expect the frets to be as tall as the Jackson guitars' frets. But I must add that I too have never played on one to find out for myself and am just going by what I've read.
                Last edited by emperor_black; 12-11-2011, 10:38 PM.
                Sam

Comment

This sounds promising. Maybe I'll order one tomorrow.
                  '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I played one of their 8 strings and one of their high end Les Paul copies. They were alright. The 8 string felt extremely similar to an Ibanez RGA8, and the Les Paul felt better than a new Epiphone, but just as good as an older Korean one.

Both trans finish, both look like shit. The LP copy did roar and sounded fantastic, didn't try the 8 yet, but it doesn't have stock pickups.

Comment

Yeah I have to agree about the frets on the 8 string, they aren't jumbo at all.

Here's a pic of the birds eye top This is how it looked stock I did change out the bridge to a roller bridge and have since changed the pickups which i'm sorely regretting now.

amd here's a pic of the neck on the 8 string you can get an idea about how thin and not jumbo the frets are on those models

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Awesome bang. I.have to take it further though. Being I'm a neckthru elitist. The thru AL models with contoured heels are just insanely better. I picked up an AL 3000m thru with the 3/4 inch maple cap and 2pc mahogany body. Rons right heavy SOB. Almost 14lbs

I also have a AL 3200 with tummy cutout. both have contoured heels and 5pc maple/walnut necks.

Comparing to my 87 LP custom. Id say both these 659 dollar agiles hang right there with it. i dont say this lightly either. Even my die hard gibson fanboy friends all agree they sound great. And a huge step over any epi.

I also have 2 7 string agiles and 3 8's including a fanned fret 8.

I took a shot with agile after hearing about the great build quality and not buying into the hype that of it says gibson on the headstock that its better than.any other lp body shape out there. Plus the price of a brand new neckthru agile was same as a used gibson studio. Kinda a no brainer for me.

Ive been wanting to do some sound clips comparing the 2 but no recording gear.

Only complaint I have with agile is the frets are not jumbo jumbo.

ill post a few pics today.

Comment

I've been a happy camper with the Agiles I've had past & present. They also do custom orders at certain times of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                            Rons right heavy SOB. Almost 14lbs
                            Holy crap! My Carvin 7 with maple body only weighs in at about 9.
                            How is the neck on the 8-string compared to a 7? The 8s have me intrigued, but I'm not sure how well I could deal with the extra width of the neck.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There not bad Compared to the Agile 7's but it is an 8 LOLI think the neck specs are on agiles site.

Heres some pics.

I think ill get better pics for you all tonight too. Been meaning to get all my Single Cuts together.

Agile semi custom order 3200 then I saw they started selling em LOL

This is the boar Anchor. it is heavier than my LP Custom. and that thing weighs freakin 12.1 pounds!

Yummy Contour!

Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 12-12-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X