No announcement yet.

ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on the album. Don has been a long term sufferer of depression and while I'm sure he takes meds it surely doesn't help his relationships.
    2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
    2011 GMW tele project
    2010 GMW strat project
    2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
    2006 Peavey HP Special black
    2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
    2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
    1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
    1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
    Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Originally posted by RockinJim View Post
      Yeah the yellow tiger seems to be his number 1 in most instances. I can't believe he's doing another Lynch Mob record. I guess whatever makes him happy. I love George and his guitars but I think he's to the point now that he's put as much bad material IMO as he has good, the vast majority of the good being the Dokken days. The first LM album was OK, not great, but it got progressively worse as time went on.
      I'm shocked that you feel Lynch's best stuff was with Dokken. Not even getting into his Ice Picky tone in the Dokken days, Wicked Sensation SMOKED anything Dokken ever did, IMHO. I could put all of my favourite Dokken songs on one disc and it still wouldn't be as good as the one disc that is Wicked Sensation. Killer tone, great vibe, band sounds awesome, and Oni Logan sounded awesome.

Of course, its all a matter of taste, but I like MINE more!
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

I actually like that burst better than the standard Jackson Yellow Bengal.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
          I'm shocked that you feel Lynch's best stuff was with Dokken. Not even getting into his Ice Picky tone in the Dokken days, Wicked Sensation SMOKED anything Dokken ever did, IMHO. I could put all of my favourite Dokken songs on one disc and it still wouldn't be as good as the one disc that is Wicked Sensation. Killer tone, great vibe, band sounds awesome, and Oni Logan sounded awesome.

Of course, its all a matter of taste, but I like MINE more!
          Not a big fan of the Mob. I think Lynch improved his tone from the Dokken days but the songs themselves don't compare to the Dokken stuff for me.
          2011 GMW tele project
          2010 GMW strat project

Bugera 333Xl
          Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
            I actually like that burst better than the standard Jackson Yellow Bengal.

Congrats!
            Agreed, thanks. I think it's a cooler guitar than a Jackson Bengal.
            2011 GMW tele project
            2010 GMW strat project

Bugera 333Xl
            Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Originally posted by RockinJim View Post
              Agreed, thanks. I think it's a cooler guitar than a Jackson Bengal.
              But Jacksons have a better looking headstock than the banana headstock.
              Sam

Comment

Congrats on your ESP Sunburst Tiger. I have one of those as well. The price you paid for it was a good deal indeed! I do think you will make some $ on it should you ever decide to sell it. These are heavy guitars btw due to the maple body. The necks are described by people as being big because they have 1 3/4" nuts. I find mine comfortable to play but definetly a different feel than an 1 1/2" nut. The production guitars have reversed headstocks with matching Sunburst Tiger finish. i'm not sure why ESP did that. If you look at George's original it had a standard headstock that was unpainted.
                Anyway, I think the Sunburst Tiger is the best looking of George's guitars.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Regarding the necks, I have an M1 Tiger, and Kami II, III, and IV and those all have the wide neck with the smaller floyd nut as mentioned above. They are a little thicker than the norm Jackson/Charvel.

I also have this early ESP Purple/Gold Tiger with ebony board and the ESP 'sinclair' trem. This neck is Jackson/Charvel width and thickness...maybe this one was made before George added his neck shape influence to the line.

Comment

so who made George's orignal yellow tiger? IIRC in the breaking the chains video, it was a strat headstock neck with no name on it. Just curious. I remember reading about it years ago in magazine interviews, but cant remember details. Was it parts mutt??
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I heard (magazine interview articles) it was found in a box of bodies a Mighty Mite that George was rumaging through. Maple body. I don't know if he took it to Charvel for paint or if it was already painted when he found it. Duncan Distortion pickup. Not sure about the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                        Regarding the necks, I have an M1 Tiger, and Kami II, III, and IV and those all have the wide neck with the smaller floyd nut as mentioned above. They are a little thicker than the norm Jackson/Charvel.

I also have this early ESP Purple/Gold Tiger with ebony board and the ESP 'sinclair' trem. This neck is Jackson/Charvel width and thickness...maybe this one was made before George added his neck shape influence to the line.

I remember these earlier Sunburst Tigers. They seem to go from purple to yellow whereas the others go purple to orangish red to yellow. I don't own any Kami but out of those I liked the Desert Kami best. I believe that was the II, correct? III was blue and IV was green with buzzsaw headstock.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X