X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Greco EG 59

New old guitar day again.
    82 Greco EG 59/50 Mint Collection model

Last edited by straycat; 12-18-2011, 02:11 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Interesting. I wonder if it's the same guitar that was sold here as a Gibson and took in about $1300 more than it was worth.

I called the buyer out on it that it was a fake but I guess he's laughing all the way to the bank. Also tried to have ebay pull the auction. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Comment

I called him out too.
      Not the same one

Comment

This is one nice guitar if you can grab one no disappointments here.

Comment

I almost bought a lefty of this model for $600. When i checked back again a week later it sold...
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I wasn't planning on buying a guitar being I had just sold one here locally Sat.
            Walked in a used gear type place I frequent and saw it hanging and walked right past it taking notice of course.
            Looked at everything then came back to it.
            Picked it up and played it checked it out closely then haggled a bit with the owner on the price then brought it home.
            He told me if it didn't sell this week he was taking it home.

Comment

That's sweet. Love the plain maple top on that one.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks TJ

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Interesting. I wonder if it's the same guitar that was sold here as a Gibson and took in about $1300 more than it was worth.

I called the buyer out on it that it was a fake but I guess he's laughing all the way to the bank. Also tried to have ebay pull the auction. A fool and their money are soon parted.
                  That was a good call. The only stuff that stuck out to me was the PCB, the serial number, the conflicting 60s 80s thing and his constant, "dont think about it, just buy it," and the tuners werent aligned, but I stll would have called it legit, just a seller that didnt know jack. Ebay would be dangerous to me if shopping for a LP.

SC, thats a nice looking guitar you have there. Oddball stuff like that just doesnt show up around here.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I feel really bad for whoever bought it. A copy with a broken headstock for almost $1400 with no hardware? I'd give maybe $150 - $200 for it. Someone learned a hard lesson.

Comment

Being an early 80's lawsuit Greco I had to have it.
                      I love the lawsuit Burnys,Tokias etc from the early 80's top notch copies IMO.
                      The ESP Navigators are ok just never had one but they look nice.
                      This guitar is the tits in every way playing and sounding.
                      Has the ceramic magnet screamin'82's(Maxon) which sound great but I'm going to swap magents for A3's and see if they sound as good as the DRYZ Maxons

Comment

Working...
                      X