NGD! Time for something different Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Time for something different Part 2

Had this about a week now but.....AWESOME trade with Corpsegrinder for this one, he helped me sort out a three-way switch that needed swapped out with the part he supplied. GREAT trader!
    2001 BC Rich NJ Neck Thru Series made in Korea MINTY as described...
    SD Distortion in both spots, I am LOVING this thing as it growls!
    Question: I would like to install a push-pull to coil spilt the neck pickup. Are there better options?

I'm not normally a Rich fan, but that is a looker!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Agreed, absolutely stunning.

Comment

Awesome body but the headstock could have been better. Congrats!
        Sam

Comment

Wholly Sh*t this thing GROWLS! I am LOVING this guitar!

Comment

Looks OK to me. I've thought off and on about trying one.

Comment

Very well made guitars I have no problem with them.Looks killer.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

DonP,
                Fit and finish are very good. 25-1/2" scale, Rosewood board, Bound neck, hard maple neck thru body with flame maple veneer and milky pine wings and licensed floyd. Can't find any manufacture of the floyd on front side, but it's holding tune for my abuse. It's heavier then my Epi Les Paul Standard Plus. I only play sitting down, but the weight may be a bit much on a stage. I have played it standing up and it seems balanced well. Neck feels closer to my Les Paul. I can't find any flaws in anything. These went for about $1100 back in the day. Just has amazing sustain..much better then my DK2 & Les Paul.
                The only thing I would mention is I want to split the front SD Distortion just to get it a little cleaner sounding. The pups in this one were obviously changed but I think came with the Rockfields which seem to have a love/hate relationship with other forums members.
                Another big shout out to Corspegrinder for a very smooth trade.

Comment

Sounds cool. I thought it would have a short scale like an LP; nice to know it's different.

I'd have a hard time paying $1100 for a MIK guitar, or even a MIJ guitar for that matter.

Comment

That price is back in the day...I have seen a couple like this around $600.
                    I didn't want one with all those damn switches and lucked out with this one. Looks cleaner to me that way.
                    I didn't want to be able to program the space shuttle from my guitar lounge!

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
                      I didn't want to be able to program the space shuttle from my guitar lounge!
                      can't say i don't blame ya ..less is sometimes more

great lookin axe congrats.

love dealing with corpsegrinder as well
                      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Normally, I shy away from BCR guitars, but I have to admit I have always had a place in my heart for Mockingbirds...and that one is stunning!
                        Nice score!
                        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Very, very nice. I think you just made life more difficult for me by adding another guitar I wanna get my grubby hands on. :P

Comment

Nice Bird! I have 2 and love em!
                            Keep it Rock-Keep it Real!
                            www.brentenman.com

Comment

Damn. I just sold one EXACTLY like this, with an OFR for $350.
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X