BC Rich Warlock rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Warlock rebuild

First of all, i'm not sure what this guitar is exactly. Got it mid 90's, can't remember exactly. Ser# I50133.

Pickups have 'SAM' on the back but that's it & they are pretty crap, what are they?

Had $1000 on the tag but payed $295 due to chips on the back points. Hardly played it so I thought i'd strip for a customization.

After the break up I can see this was not worth the coin it had, poor quality.

It's getting EMG 81/85, neck sanded & oiled, board clean up (all standard stuff for a rebuild), the headstock stays as is but the body will be a glorious Kawasaki green.

Anyway, here's the 1st pics.

Last edited by Force; 01-20-2012, 03:30 PM.

I've since discovered that some p'ups had 'SAM' or 'SAM SUNG' on their base..............SAMSUNG.

I knew they were shite

Comment

Is that say made in usa on the headstock? Is the body ply?
      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

It only has the BC Rich logo on the head, nothing else, what your seeing is a sticker from the Playstation game 'Philasoma'.

As for the body........I don't know, seems too heavy to be ply, i'm guessing alder. I know what tones different woods give but haven't a clue what they look like.

There's some bare timber in the trem cavity that looks like pine, but it couldn't possibly be made of that...........could it?

Comment

Probably alder or basswood.

Originally posted by Force View Post
          It only has the BC Rich logo on the head, nothing else, what your seeing is a sticker from the Playstation game 'Philasoma'.

As for the body........I don't know, seems too heavy to be ply, i'm guessing alder. I know what tones different woods give but haven't a clue what they look like.

There's some bare timber in the trem cavity that looks like pine, but it couldn't possibly be made of that...........could it?
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Doesn't look like a USA model. Sorry but I think you overpaid.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

AU$295 is pretty cheap here, I know it's not USA, it's Korean.

And it is ply wood.

Anyway, I've been busy recording & various other things so the build will be late.

Have leave from work in April, hoping the recording will be mostly done before then so I can get back to this, give me a chance to save up some more $$.

Comment

If I were you, I would put it back together, put in the EMG's (or any pickup you like) and play it, make sure it feels and sounds good to you.

It would be a waste of time refinishing and spending time working on it if it turns out to be a total plank

Good luck though

Comment

Body has been sprayed..........at last. Ive had to go with quick dry enamel, that's all I can get in this dumb shit country. Not Kwaka green but close, it's actually the colour I wanted, not too bright.

Little bit more work to be done. Looks good so far, so clear should be just around the corner. Pics when I can.
                  Last edited by Force; 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Crappy pic, it looks alot better in person.

Comment

That color is about right for it!

I was going to say Platinum series, or something like it.
                      EMG's would be just right for that guitar...go for it.

Comment

Grats! And it's getting a new life! SLIMEEE!
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

This is..........erm..........finished, literally. It will basically be something that adds to the colour range on my guitar rack.

It won't tune or intonate at all. I don't understand what the fuck has happened but it nearly ended up smashed on the driveway in frustration.

Acoustically it seemed fine so I did the EMG solderless install same as I just did on the RR3. Sounds fine but unplayable when tuning means everything.

Such a disappointment.........lucky Ive got plenty of Jacksons that keep me shredding my fingers to the bone.

Comment

Working...
                          X