Tele Project revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Project revisited

So i've had this guitar sitting around Forever,I decided last week I was gonna kick my self in the ASS! & get some things finished.
    Here is what I did with my Day:

I first Dyed the headstock, Body with Black Dye. The above pics are before shots.

After sanding back to the Grain I started to Dye both a Trans Purple.

I did a couple of Mock up photos, it still needs a light sanding & lots of Clear coat.

Enjoy I would like to thank Sully for inspiring me,Help & just being a Cool ass hell friend!

& for my next Trick My Black Star Oblivion.............Stay Tuned
    Last edited by Drake S.; 02-20-2012, 10:19 PM.
    According To The Prophecy

looks good! Did you tape off the neck binding? Looks like you got a bit of purple on there, just behind the nut on the low E side.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I did tape everything off the vaneer on the headstock goes up to the fret board, I had a little bit get on the bindind but it all wiped off.

Comment

Wow! Well done! Love the purple and the abalone p/u surround and racing stripe. Was the floyd manufactured with that satin/brushed finish or did you do that? I like it.

Comment

Hey MIB, the bridge is a JT580LP from jackson it came with that finish,Jackson went nuts with the Chrome satin some years ago & I grabbed up a bunch of those parts I have a complete 7 string Jackson set in the same finish I'm gonna use on a Project in the near future.

Comment

Wow, looks real nice. Time well spent indeed. I'm not feeling that truss rod cover though...

Comment

I'm still undecided about it also it looked better when the guitar was a natural finish ,but now not to sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                I'm still undecided about it also it looked better when the guitar was a natural finish ,but now not to sure?
                wet it down and get a pic or 2. That should give you the pop to simulate a cleared product. Then you can make a better assessment of the purple vs natural.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                X