My love hate guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My love hate guitar

I MUST have a Les Paul, but have yet to find one that feels good to me. I love the sound, the look, the short scale - but I pick one up and it just doesn't feel right. Anyplace I go I pick up the Les Pauls, Gibson or Epi, just to see if I can find THE ONE. But I fear that I am cursed to walk the earth desiring something I will never bond with.

It makes me wonder if I'm alone, or any of you guys have ever felt this way about a certain guitar.

I bought an Epi Zakk model, and decided I HAD to have a Gibson model, so I found a Gibson Les Paul Standard. Beautiful root beer finish, played awesome, but I hated it. It was just weird to handle. It would dive backwards, etc.

Now I hate LPs, but my ZW Epi is the best LP model that I've played lol

Comment

I love my Pauls The one I lusted after was an 89 RR and hated it after I got it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Only one i ever somewhat liked was a camo bullseye epi. Have yet to play a gibson LP i enjoy
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I find LPs very uncomfortable to play. cant stand them. just big and cumbersome and uncomfortable.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

As long as it's a 60's neck or similar, I love them.

Comment

I have the same problem with LPs, Ive always wanted one but cant seem to find one i completely bond with. i have found i like the 50's round necks & can't play on a 60's slim taper they are just too small and makes my hand cramp after like 20minutes of playing.

Comment

YEP!..I have zero use for em! Love the sound, love the look, HATE the feel. I have always wondered what the appeal is. I can't find any. I actually would LOVE to own one but it would literally be hanging on my wall. Not that that would be so bad, but I'd rather tie the money up in something I can bond with. As well, I think they are VERY over priced.....

Even a strat I would stand a chance of bonding with....
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I have owned a Standard and a handful of Studios over the years. The only ones that have held my attention have been the Studio Lites.

Comment

i hate LPs, but my love/hate guitar is the PRS custom/CE 24. i love how it plays, balances, looks - everything except how it sounds. i COULD change the pickups, but then it is no longer a PRS to me. i just a 20th anniversary mccarty, and SO FAR that guitar MAY be a keeper....it is very different from the custom/CE 24....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I walked into guitar showcase and tried about 15 of them. They all sounded like shit and were difficult to manage. I fail to see the attraction that these get.
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I know exactly what each of you mean. Love the sound, HATE the feel. I think for me its heel feels wrong more than anything. Haven't tried the Floyded model and I think the chambered guitars sound like crud. I may find something one day though...
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Cool, a Les Pauls suck thread!

I hate Les Pauls too. Every time I try to grab a guitar, one of my six Les Pauls jump into my hands and I play it instead

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                            I fail to see the attraction that these get.
                            Word up to that. People go nuts over..... nothing IMO. same with Strats. Uh...... there is a reason things evolve and improve. Case in point: Charvel. they saw the improvement LP's and strats needed and kinda combined the best aspects of each of them into the "super strat". the world has since been a better place.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

A 50's profile L.P neck is awesome nice and meaty.60's neck? Nope too small.
                              L.P's are great standing or sitting love the tone too.
                              The best playing necks to me are Jackson by far so no argument from me.
                              Case in point my 86SD Jackson maple/maple neck is as perfect as it can get.
                              80's J/C necks feel much different than 90's on up.Maybe the 90's on up are a tad wider who knows.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X