It's time I share a long sad story....and lots of pictures ^_^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time I share a long sad story....and lots of pictures ^_^

I had been a huge fan of Jackson Guitars for a long time but never managed get one which would be in my price range and match the quality I wanted. So after saving up, whining from my dad and selling my own guitar(an epi les P) I got myself my first Jackson. It was a nice Dk2 with a rare green swirl finish for which I absolutely adored it(btw at this point I would like two say that Jacksons, esp Dk2s, are not that easily found in my country. You only get warriors and Vs which are too high priced for me). Sadly my happiness was short lived. The Dk2 had horrible fret buzz at certain spots and the only reason I bought it was because the shop owner promised it would go away once he aligns and sets it up. After a few days it turns that he could fix all but one BIG buzz at the 11th fret. And it being a new guitar and only guitar for me I did not want to risk taking it. The shop keeper was ready to change the guitar for another one and after playing each and every guitar in that shop within my price range I fell in love with the Ibanez Rg Premium 870. Even though I love my Ibanez but still I can't help but express my love towards Jackson Guitars and someday luck will be on my side.
    Now off to the good part my sister is trying to learn photography and I think she did a good job at taking pictures of both my Dk2(pre-return) and my current Ibanez so I am sharing it here. I'm sure the guitars are no way as cool as most of the guitars I see on this forum but the pictures are worth the look.

By poisongreen at 2012-02-26

A couple of nice ones. Glad you didn't let a bad first experience ruin things for you. Sounds like with some adjustments the original one could've been set up nice and the buzz gotten rid of. I probably would've kept it, but then it being your first it was understandable.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I woulda kept it but the ibanez is nice and I'm all about ibanez.....

I'm sure the Jackson could have been fixed. you could have demanded it if necessary
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

The Jackson I'm also sure could've been fixed if I had looked for better techs but since it was my first new guitar(my epi was a second hand) I did not want a defect and I had lived without guitar for 3-4 months could'nt wait any longer :P. Not to mention my brother and dad would annoy the hell out of me for getting a new guitar and running around looking for techs. Anyway thnx for taking a look at the pictures

Comment

That Ibby is a good guitar. You should be happy with what you have. The Dk2 is a nice guitar but only if it works properly. It seems your country needs some experienced luthiers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmoran View Post
            That Ibby is a good guitar. You should be happy with what you have. The Dk2 is a nice guitar but only if it works properly. It seems your country needs some experienced luthiers though.
            Couldn't agree more

Comment

Those premiums are really sick you should be stoked about that! There's always time for another Jackson later and the neck on that particular one looked a little off from the side shot anyways. Shred it up man!!
              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

The Ibanez looks fantastic good choice.870's are really nice.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here's a tip for your sis: GTWGITS

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm falling in love with the Ibanez more each day.

Comment

I've never seen a DK2 in that finish...very cool. I love mine. Nice Prestige!

Comment

Oh that's not a prestige. It's the new premium series. They are right under the prestige lineup.

Comment

you can see the bow in the neck on the DK from the pic of it laying down. your tech dont know shit about setting up a guitar.

Comment

Looks like it needed a truss rod adj in the worst way.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Ibanez looks great but you can definitely see the bowed neck in the DK2 side shot. Truss rod adjustment definitely needed, that looks pretty out though and it may have needed more than that. If there are not a lot of good techs in your country, Rakib, you may want to learn some maintenance tips yourself. The Tech Q&A section here has almost all the information you'd need to take care of your guitar or guitars in future. Congratulations on that nice Ibanez and I hope you get a nice Jackson sometime in the future as well!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X