• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP family shots

GMP Korina Pawn Shop

GMP Roxie Purple Sparkle

GMP Vee Blue Quilt

Lovin all three!
    Last edited by Dog Boy; 05-22-2015, 11:00 PM.

I sorta hate you man.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

whos the guy on here who is the gmp rep? was n touch for a second a while back... bueler???

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
        whos the guy on here who is the gmp rep? was n touch for a second a while back... bueler???
        That would be me...and Dog Boy I LOVE THAT V~!! Beautiful man. I was wondering who had it. CC DeVille just took delivery of one very similar...only his has a Floyd.

Worked a guitar show with GMP this past weekend at the LA Fairgrounds. I got in early to set up and there were very few people there....maybe 20 or less and the first guy I run into is SEYMOUR DUNCAN! Such a nice man, really humble & down to earth. I couldn't believe it...SD at this small local vintage show!!

Left to Right: Kim Lawrence, Dan Lawrence, Glenn Matejzel, and Me.

Someone Looks familiar eh?!

Seymour Duncan and Dan Lawrence

The next guy I see is Grover Jackson....he's another story but ahem.... anyway.

Sorry for the threadjack!!
        Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-24-2012, 12:03 AM.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

do me a favor and send me the quote form. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
            do me a favor and send me the quote form. [email protected]
            Online quote is Right here buddy:

Comment

very cool GMP's, cool story and pics from the show. thats a hell of a lot of guitar hot rodding history in that pic Seymour, Dan, and Glenn.

Comment

Cool GMPs! I am partial to Roxies and I was able to pick one up when GMP had their ebay fire sale in '05. But I always liked the V's!

Is the neck angle on CC's Floyded V the same as the TOM V? I can see the Floyd is topmounted/non-recessed, so I am figure the neck angle is the same.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                  Is the neck angle on CC's Floyded V the same as the TOM V? I can see the Floyd is topmounted/non-recessed, so I am figure the neck angle is the same.
                  CC's V actually DOES have a small recess, it virtually invisible because it's hidden under the Floyd...really I didn't get the point of the small recess because the bridge does float above the body like non-recessed!!

The neck angle is basically the same as a TOM bridge version.

FYI: There were TWO of these built. CC has his completed blue one and the other one is built & ready for paint at the shop, the tops are virtually identical because they were cut from the same piece of maple. So if someone wanted to order one like that....it's basically ready to go, just pick a trans color and BAM! it could be ready in a few weeks.
                  Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-25-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I thought that shot of CC was Gary Busey, lol

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                      I thought that shot of CC was Gary Busey, lol
                      Hah!....I can see that. He just had his hair in a ponytail that day....here he is onstage a couple of weeks later with the 2nd of his 2 new V's. Pretty much looks the same as back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        CC's V actually DOES have a small recess, it virtually invisible because it's hidden under the Floyd...really I didn't get the point of the small recess because the bridge does float above the body like non-recessed!!

The neck angle is basically the same as a TOM bridge version.
                        Cool info, thanks. I've never seen the Floyded Gibson LPs, but based on the route, I would think there would be no angle. I prefer keeping the angle the same as a TOM like GMP does.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

CC makes the open G look like the most painful chord in history in that pic!

(PS I'm not actually dissing him, I bought their first 2 albums back in the day and listened to them a lot.)
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice Dog Boy! Hope your enjoying the teal Roxie. I think that Blue V used to be mine as well. Sellers remorse!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Pro Am View Post
                              Nice Dog Boy! Hope your enjoying the teal Roxie. I think that Blue V used to be mine as well. Sellers remorse!
                              Oh man I am indeed! Still getting used to the V but I was gigging the Teal Roxie the week I got it. THANK YOU again for selling me such a killer guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X