Metalist guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalist guitars

Anyone own one and have an opinion? The ones after the Kramer's. I think they had some type of aluminum body insert for resonance. (?)

Yep. I had a white one (Metalist II??), Kramer branded, with an H-S setup. It was nothing special at all. I'd play the Berettas I had at the time all day over the Metalist. The neck wasn't my favorite, and IIRC, it didn't balance that well. I noticed no difference in "resonance" from the insert.

Comment

I had a savant which had the rod of resonance in it i think the neck was an r.5 as it was about as thick as 4 strands of pasta.

I liked it okay but hands cramped up playing it.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

just my two cents, trying to help...

the savant is actually a great playing guitar. imho, the balance of the metal insert in combination with the sharkfin thinness of the guitar can stand up to any baretta any day, in terms of the versatility and sound. the resonance can definitely be felt. this is coming from a person who owes 3 barettas 1 reissue, and 3 savants in my herd of over 40 kramers.

the savant was a high end korean-made kramer in the last days of kramer, when it was trying to make a come back. savant series are all equipped with real seymour duncan pups, OFR (or OFR low pro), and with a thin neck. savant doesn't have r5 necks--they're all r2 width. the neck profile, on the other hand, is fuller than the post 1987 esp made neck profiles. but it is by no means thick.

there are two types of metal inserts: one is a metal rod, the other is a metal bar along the contour of the body.

here's a couple:

bar on the side:

another one:

metal bar insert:

got pictures of the savant you're looking at? feel free to post pics, i'd be able to see if anything is wrong (like if it's a mutt or not). also run the price by me and i'll tell you if it's being sold too high or too low.

Comment

This one is after Kramer. It has Metalist III on the headstock, pointy style.Has some patent stuff on the face also. HSS,Floyd. No case, $450

Comment

ok. well, $450 is a bit much. are the pickups seymour duncans? i'm thinking the post-kramer ones were not loaded with sd pups. i think they're "duncan designs" no? if that's the case, then maybe $350 at most. plus the metalists were under-rated. the seller's never going to sell 'em for $450. hell, the seller might even have trouble selling it for $350. if you really like the guitar i would let the guitar sit for some time, so the seller realize it's hard to sell it. then offer $300 or $350.

Comment

Moku I said r . 5 lol. The one I had was an r1 with 0 and I mean 0 doubt because I had to order a new nut for it. It was uber narrow and flat, I loved the sound but my paws didnt fit it.
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

r1?! so like a nightswan. no wonder your hands cramped.

Comment

NO idea I have never laid hands on a nightswan lol Always wanted one though, the Gibson scale length is a hang up for me
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

I remember these when they came out I saw one at a guitar shop in the big city. LOL. Thought it was kinda wierd. So does it sound any different than a regular guitar or does shoving an aluminum rod in your body make you, uhm err it better?
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                    X