Mockingbird ST: Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mockingbird ST: Anyone have one?

So, I was dicking around at GC last night and saw three of these, one in each color. I admit, I've always wanted one so I picked it up and played it. Seemed decent, not sure I'd shell out the $600-700 they were asking. Still, if I can find a deal I might pull the trigger.

Anyone have any experiences? These have the Rockfield Mafia pickups, whereas I think the latest model year has some Duncan Designed pickups.

Thanks Sully, I saw that thread right after I posted. At the moment though I'm just doing my homework, seeing what people think of the guitars themselves. Honestly, I wouldn't have the cash until December when I do my annual leave payout at work.

Comment

I dont think he would be too upset if you pmed him and asked him about how the guitars were in general.

Comment

thanks for pimping my classified ad Sully

I can't speak for the newer ones but those two I have are great players and very well constructed. I think they are great buys for the Money. Do your home work and don't be afraid to make me an offer on either one
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

If you've still got them in December, I might come knocking. Unfortunately, car and pet issues mean I'm dead broke until then.

Thanks for the information though. The ones I played were definitely fun for the 5 minutes I played them.

Comment

I have one and it's definitely a fun guitar to play. One important thing to do would be to bring a strap because some of them see definitely neck heavy. The neck on mine was parallel to the floor so it isn't that bad. Have fun research.

Comment

yes mockingbird are neck heavy, the arch tops are better since they have a thicker heavier body. I havent heard anything bad about them other than the electronics are so great. most of the higher end BCR imports are good guitars, their lower lines are crap.

Comment

I've been curious about these too since trying one out at GC recently. I liked it, but I'm not big on DD pickups or the wieght. I already have a heavy guitar that hurts my back after awhile but you just can't beat the sound of Mahogany.
                The BCR website has a video of one in Purple, which I have yet to see in person, but I've been told it will be released sometime in August. If I decide to get one, I'll prolly wait for that one.
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

the video on the item page is great
                  http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars...ckingbird-ST/1
                  "BC Rich BSDM pickups" *shows Duncan Designed pickups*
                  "Bolt On construction" *shows neck thru heel*

Comment

Mockingbirds in general hurt me. That top upper horn digs into my chest when I play sitting down. If I play mine for a long time it starts to hurt.

Comment

Yeah, they are neck thrus. They do have some weight to them but not too bad. They also have a fairly wide chunky neck but really comfortable to play. These are plus to me as I prefer heavy guitar and fat necks. I never understood neck dive issues as if it is a problem it is easily corrected by a strap or re positioning of the strap pin. Mine doesn't dive much but I play it, not stand there with both arm in the air

Pickups and pots on them are bunk IMHO but that is how they reduce the costs and why I've replaced them
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Always loved the body shape.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I owned the ST in red for a bit too. Disconnect the Airline controls and replace to pots/pickups. Then you have a pretty fantastic guitar. It IS a little neck heavy with a Nylon (slick) strap. Use a nice leather strap and its fine..
                          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Very nice. Someone should nab that.

Comment

Working...
                            X