No announcement yet.

NGD: Korina, bitches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! Yeah, thanks, and it is pretty huge. Even though it's a modern guitar, they nailed vintage pretty well. It really feels like an old Flying V.

Plays nice, but I don't particularly care for the tone with that Dimebag, but I'll figure something out.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Beautiful V man! I've always had a thing for Vs, and yet at the moment I don't own a single one. At one time I think I had around 7 different Vs in my collection. I had one of those Dime SH13 pickups, and I tried it in a whole bunch of different guitars before I found one it worked with. It sounded horrible and gritty in every guitar I tried it in until I put it in my RR Custom. It really worked in that guitar.

I think I'm gonna have to get myself another V. Maybe a Dean, or a Hamer.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, I didn't like the dime at all. It sounded alright through my Line6 practice amp, but through my Orange, it was just too thin.

The guitar is pretty beat up... you can't really tell from the pictures. I'm happy with it, but I left negative feedback because absolutely none of the major issues were even mentioned and I wouldn't have purchased it if the description or pics were a little more honest. Truss cover screws were stripped, scratchy volume pot, scratchy input jack, horribly scratched fretboard from doing a fret dress without a protector (took 2 hours of 0000 steel wool to remove most of it though I'll probably go back over it again next time I change strings or pickups), 2 extra strap button holes, 23 dings/scrapes/indents exposed wood on the body a bunch more impact impressions, most around 1mm or less, though there are a few 1/2"+ scrapes to the edges (though you can't really see most of them unless you look closely or feel). It feels like this guitar was gigged hard for a couple of seasons, but the neck is amazing and the action is so low. It really feels like a 40+ year old used Gibson Flying V. ESP absolutely nailed the vintage build and feel but with a modern fast action jumbo fret neck.

Comment

That is awesome!
          Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Thanks!

After getting some good playing time... I can't believe how similar the profile feels compared to my Jackson strathead. The fretboard feels completely different... the Flying V has a much lower acceptable action, I actually have it raised a bit higher than it needs to be at just because the action is too low. String bends are so much easier with the V... It's also much squeakier... I think it has to do with body mass and leverage more than anything... Was a good score.

Comment

Working...
            X