NGD: Korina, bitches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Korina, bitches!

I always wanted a Flying V or a Y2KV... but I don't like any of the Gibsons I've played and the Jacksons? Well, finding one without Mustaine's name on it or one of the rare all black ones proved fruitless and I never liked the smaller headstock on the Jackson. So this is what I got. (oh, and I guess it's a new amp day too )

2005 Custom Shop ESP, made in Takeda, Tokyo Japan. Flame korina body, ebony fretboard, mahogany neck, korina cap on the headstock, dimebag in the bridge and 2xn at the neck. And I'm already thinking about putting EMGs in it...

Last edited by xenophobe; 07-31-2012, 04:29 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

never seen that before... nice.

Comment

That is pretty sweet good score!

How are you liking the Dark Terror?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Dark Terror is ok, I have the gain at 9 and shape at 8.5-9ish though... I think I need an eq pedal. It definitely sounds good though, but I can't quite get the eq curve I want out of the one knob. lol

Comment

I really like that one! Tell me is it a set neck?
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I saw that one on ebay the other day and thought it was pretty sweet...and was priced nicely too. Congrats!

Comment

That looks like a nice guitar. The only things I would have to do to make one like it my own would be Schaller locking tuners and rotating the pickup selector from front/back to up/down.

I'm really getting the bug to try one of those new Duncan Custom/59 hybrids. Probably not your bag if you an EMG guy though. Maybe try one of those Blackout pre-amps with those pickups, it might give them that extra heat you are looking for.
              Last edited by Hellbat; 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice one!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  dimebag in the bridge and 2xn at the neck.

2xn?

X2n with polepieces instead of bars?
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I've always liked an flying v esp that Hammet had ....hah I found a picture here it is

Comment

Flammed on the right, spalted on the left isn't it ? Looks good !

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                        I really like that one! Tell me is it a set neck?
                        Thanks, yes. It's basically a Gibson set neck not built by Gibson. lol

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
                        I saw that one on ebay the other day and thought it was pretty sweet...and was priced nicely too. Congrats!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        That looks like a nice guitar. The only things I would have to do to make one like it my own would be Schaller locking tuners and rotating the pickup selector from front/back to up/down.

I'm really getting the bug to try one of those new Duncan Custom/59 hybrids. Probably not your bag if you an EMG guy though. Maybe try one of those Blackout pre-amps with those pickups, it might give them that extra heat you are looking for.
                        It already has Schallers and yeah, I may adjust the position of the switch, but not sure if up/down or left/right is better for me.

Originally posted by Zedisdead View Post
                        Flammed on the right, spalted on the left isn't it ? Looks good !
                        Uploaded a new picture. Both pieces are spalted, the top wing has a bit more, but both sides have flame.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Uploaded a new picture. Both pieces are spalted, the top wing has a bit more, but both sides have flame.
                          Damn that's nice and very rare, Jackson CS won't let you choose flamed korina now, their wood supplier doesn't have any. It must remind you of your JA0193. Awesome score.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedisdead View Post
                            Damn that's nice and very rare, Jackson CS won't let you choose flamed korina now, their wood supplier doesn't have any. It must remind you of your JA0193. Awesome score.
                            That sucks, it's not like korina is endangered or anything. No, that archtop was beautiful, way more than this, I just couldn't get past the neck thickness... and they both sound totally different.

The color is more like the new top picture than the crappy phone picture. This next shot hasn't been color corrected. In person it's a golden honey color and the pattern changes like figured tops normally do. From a slightly different angle (every angle produces a different grain pattern on this one):

Just so you I don't have to scroll up and down.. haha

Last edited by xenophobe; 07-31-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

sweet wood! Congratulations. That is one big-ass truss rod cover however
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X