Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever heard of a luthier named Roman Rist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of a luthier named Roman Rist?

I've seen some of his work (WOW), and it is amazing. Well amazing looking as I've only seen it in pix. On another forum I go to another member contrated Rist to build him a Les Paul, and Rist sent VERY detailed pix of the entire build process thus far. What a meticulous build!!!

I was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten a guitar from Rist, and what price range the build cost?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

He frequents MLPF Luthiers Corner. I'm sure he has a build thread or a few. Lots of cool info's and builds. Mostly LP's. Cool forum, Sullys got fans there too

Comment

I have seen a few first hand and they are good guitars.Played one of his Teles and it was OK.I have only seen one of his L.P. copies and it was nice but not a L.P.IMO.
      If I wanted a tele or strat type guitar I would go with RSguitarworks or Davenport CustomGuitars.
      I have the first Davenport pine bodied strat and its an amazing guitar, CTS pots and orange drop cap MHD vintage 60's pick ups.
      Nickle saddles and bone nut. Nice dull 50's Cadillac green color.
      Old pic so the SD bridge pick up was still in it.
      The MHD pick ups are really nice.
      Last edited by straycat; 08-09-2012, 12:21 AM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think Sully knows something about him.

RR seems like a cool cat, he sent me some exotic woods to highlight my amp cabs
        and a bunch of SWAG in a care package gratis.
        He is very busy though, if that's an issue.

+1, MyLesPaul forum is where he hangs out.

Comment

Working...
        X