Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr 80's Shred... wow.

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone here mention these:

I love the paint drip, but I don't think I'd like the scalloped neck. If it was ebony... I think I'd try to manage one of these.

Apparently they're configurable:

Last edited by xenophobe; 08-27-2012, 07:17 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I saw these but the price made me stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
      That's what I was thinking. Suhr prices are stupid
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
        Their prices aren't really much different from any other handcrafted guitars made in America, are they?

Comment

For simple, non-extravagant bolton guitars, I think their prices are insane. Like Gibson, its simply a case of "its more expensive so it HAS to be better!"
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I had a Suhr Modern. Great guitar but I took a bath on the resale.

Comment

I never understood the hype behind Suhr guitars, but then again i've never played one. Either way, they do nothing for me looks-wise (especially that fugly beak headstock) nor do they have any features which strike me as particularly interesting.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I've only played a really old one, and that was quite a while back. Can't say I was especially impressed, but it was a nice guitar and did play well.

In contrast, the PC splatter custom is selling for $5k+ brand new?

Comment

Well, I wouldnt say the PC splatter is "selling"... Has anyone actually bought one of those fugly things?
                  Last edited by RobRR; 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Well, I wouldnt say the PC splatter is "selling"... Has anyone actually bought one of those fugly things?
                    The price tag + the fact that it's a sig guitar keeps me from wanting it. But it's a nice starting point for a custom. I do like the paint job on it though.

Just like the top pictured paint drip Suhr. I absolutely love that paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                      I never understood the hype behind Suhr guitars, but then again i've never played one. Either way, they do nothing for me looks-wise (especially that fugly beak headstock) nor do they have any features which strike me as particularly interesting.
                      I was going to say this word for word. My thoughts exactly but I guess to each his own.

Comment

I remember seeing Matt post about that Suhr limited run earlier this summer.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

I know they make excellent guitars, but that body style is fugly, I don't like it at all, which is kind of a bummer cause i'd probably have one otherwise.

Comment

Ah man come on, they come with a paint matched Suhr Riot distortion pedal.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                              Ah man come on, they come with a paint matched Suhr Riot distortion pedal.
                              Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Dealbreaker...

Comment

Working...
                              X