Suhr 80's Shred... wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Great guitars but REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE!!! I know a few rich guys who play them. For the money you could buy a bunch of Jacksons or Charvels.
    Well, I'm not rich unfortunately, but I've got a couple of Suhrs and yes, I've got rid of a bunch of Charvels and Ibbies after I got them as playing them felt like driving Corolla after the 911...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      And all this is just silly.
      Xeno, I have never, ever said anything silly in my life.

not even once.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
        Xeno, I have never, ever said anything silly in my life.

not even once.
        LIES! All lies, I tell you...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I owned a Suhr Pro Series S1, and it was an awesome instrument and beautiful too. I got it really cheap. None of my Jackson had the kind of resonant wood the Suhr had, and I've owned 10+ Made in US/Custom shop Jacksons within the past five years (I lost count). It felt great as well. I sold it to fund my Mark V, as it's easier to sell a guitar like that here than a Jackson. Also, I didn't have much use for it with the music I presently play. I made quite a few bucks on it But I actually miss it.

suhr1.jpg
          Last edited by javert; 08-23-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

they are great guitars...pricey but top notch quality..
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              they are great guitars...pricey but top notch quality..
              And that's the thing... when you want top notch quality, you kinda have to ignore the price. People complaining about prices on these or other guitars is a bit silly. That's why all of the major manufacturers have cheap imports.

Comment

I have two Suhr Moderns and they're unbelievably good guitars. Expensive but on a par or better than guitars that are not in their league.
                Here's the one that is most like these Shred series but its a one off, carve top with Vulcanised maple neck.

I'd put Suhrs up against anything and personally I think the Modern is one of the most perfectly shaped guitars ever made. But I know it's not for everybody.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

That green finish on that suhr is killer! What wood is it?
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Green drip. I've not seen another with that finish although there probably is one out there somewhere.
                    Its Basswood body with a maple cap and plays and sounds out of this world.

My other Modern is even more spectacular. Burl maple top on Mahogany with a museum grade birdseye maple neck and fretboard.
                    I must get around to taking some decent pics. But heres some of the shop pics...

This guitar is unequivocably the finest guitar I've owned or played. Its just a work of art.

Comment

Wow, those are both killer looking guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Wow, those are both killer looking guitars!
                        Agree.
                        Cool that you got the Green one Maz that is an awesome finish, i think there was a purple one too.
                        Love to see some better lighted shots of the blue top one too . The colors in that look amazing.

Comment

Yeah, nice straight shots of both bodies in better lighting, please. The burl guitar is severely underexposed and the white background doesn't help.

I really love that green paint drip. That just looks amazing.

Comment

@Mazrim Your Burl-topped Modern is one of the most gorgeous guitars I have ever seen.

Comment

After seeing your green drip suhr I think I want start saving up for one
                              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, the Burl top pics aren't great and I need to get round to doing some of my own.
                                The colour is an Aquamarine stain. I mooned at this guitar online for ages before pulling the trigger.
                                I had to lose some great guitars in the process but GAS had me by the balls. It was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X